Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Dr Who but being a non-fan of pre Tennant Dr Who I don't enjoy seeing Daleks and Cyberman time and time again...I actually like the new monsters more, they seem less cheesy; my favourite eps were the 'Blink' and 'Midnight' gripping pulp stories removed from the Dr Who-verse. Thats why I love Dr Who, the format is like putty in the hands of writers! Can't wait till Easter!

Series 6 has been commissioned! (No great surprise, given that the names of several writers have already made it onto the net!).

Filming starts in June.

And three more episode titles from series five:

4. The Time of Angels

5. Flesh and Stone

6. Vampires in Venice

• 2 weeks later...

The clip they just showed on Woss simply reaffirms for me that Smith is going to be an excellent Doctor.

Just over a week to go, and I honestly cannot remember being this excited about a new series or film for years.

God, I sound like a 14 year old . . .

I haven't watched the interview from last night yet, but will do so tonight. Having managed to stay as spoiler free as possible, I'm happy to watch the trailers and clips being shown now its so close, but I'm still going to avoid the big news sites, forums and as much story spoilerage as possible.

But, like you Raven, whenever I see the trailer or even any mention of it now, I look like this :smile2: or this :) Can't wait!!!

I haven't watched the interview from last night yet, but will do so tonight. Having managed to stay as spoiler free as possible, I'm happy to watch the trailers and clips being shown now its so close, but I'm still going to avoid the big news sites, forums and as much story spoilerage as possible.

But, like you Raven, whenever I see the trailer or even any mention of it now, I look like this :smile2: or this :) Can't wait!!!

You don't have to wait for the BBC repeat to see it, it is on Iplayer I watched it a couple of hours ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rqkjs/Friday_Night_with_Jonathan_Ross_Series_18_Episode_10/

I have aquestin about dr. who. Since I'm not from engad I havn't grown up with the series, but it look great to me and I think I really would enjoy it. But where do I begin? It started in 1965(?) I think. Should I start watching from the beginning or from the 2005 episodes?

As a long time Dr Who fan I would say start as early as you can. However being as the writers of the new Dr Who series seem to ignore the earlier series it probably wouldn't matter if you started with Christopher Eccleston

I have aquestin about dr. who. Since I'm not from engad I havn't grown up with the series, but it look great to me and I think I really would enjoy it. But where do I begin? It started in 1965(?) I think. Should I start watching from the beginning or from the 2005 episodes?

Personally, I'm not bothered by the classic series, so I would say start with the first of the new series in 2005 with Rose.

If you've never watched Doctor Who before, this isn't too bad an idea, as you get to understand the concepts of the character and the programme, and then if you do like it, you can go back and watch the classic series as well to see if you enjoy them too.

The old Dr Who series' are good but they're very dated now (and the wobbly sets which were so endearing to us back in the day might be off-putting to new viewers). I'd be inclined to start with the 2005 Christopher Eccleston series and go on from there.

:smile2: he looks about 12, and he was very full of himself on the Jonathon Ross show I thought; like he thought he was Sir Ian Mckellen or something.

I didn't get that impression from the interview, I think he is just confident they have made a good series.

It started in 1963, and I wouldn't recommend starting with the first story (good though the first episode is, the next three are rather dry!).

As other have suggested, I'd recommend starting with Rose, the first episode of the new version of the series. If you like that, then we can recommend older episodes to go and look at once you are up to speed on the format of the series.