Dr Who

Michelle

As for Steven Moffat taking over, as much as I enjoyed his episodes, they do have a tendency to be quite scary and complex. Whilst that might be good for older viewers, it could also alienate some children. Bethany is already worried that she won't understand fully, or find it too scary. It is meant to be a family show, so I hope he finds a balance.

The Moff is already on the record as saying the mix of episodes will be broadly the same as it is now - it won't be an episode like Blink every week.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6977818.ece

:D This really annoyed me. There have been complaints that when Matt Smith said "I'm still not ginger" after regenerating that it was offensive to red haired people and encouraged bullying. HOW?? He was upset that he wasn't ginger, not glad that he wasn't. People who complain really annoy me somtimes.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6977818.ece

:D This really annoyed me. There have been complaints that when Matt Smith said "I'm still not ginger" after regenerating that it was offensive to red haired people and encouraged bullying. HOW?? He was upset that he wasn't ginger, not glad that he wasn't. People who complain really annoy me somtimes.

I think, to a point, the comment was possible to take out of context as it hinged on the viewer knowing about - and remembering - Tennant's comment about wanting to be ginger from the Christmas Invasion, four years ago!

But even out of context, I don't see how that is offensive.

Very fast dialogue, lots of wizz-bang action and the character say "I'm still not ginger". If you didn't know he wanted to be ginger that could easily be taken as "I'm glad I'm not ginger".

I couldnt cry when I was watching the last episode coz I was watchin it with my mates and they were already taking the p**s coz we were watching it but I definatly had tears in my eyes.

Also if you watch carefully on the advert for the new series the weeping angels r in it! Although david isnt in it that much, that episode is by far my favourite.

Not sure about Matt Smith yet, I'll give him a go because I love the show.

.......................and I am glad he's not ginger :) xx

Watched the first two episodes again yesterday (of the 2005-ish series then), was great getting back to it. Though honestly, why they chose the first episode as the pilot, I don't know, I don't like the living plastic things. :D

You should have seen them in the 70s.

I don't care if the Doctor is ginger or not, as long as he isn't Colin Baker again. :jump:

There's nowt wrong with Colin Baker!

There are some very poor stories during Colin's reign as the Doctor, but they are rarely bad because of his acting.

Watched the first two episodes again yesterday (of the 2005-ish series then), was great getting back to it. Though honestly, why they chose the first episode as the pilot, I don't know, I don't like the living plastic things. :D

Come across them regularly, do you?! :D

I've just realised, DT's obviously going to be back in some sort of story to do with that duplicate Doctor.. maybe? No? Possibly? I'm clutching at straws. :D

Like that's going to happen though?

Daleks are back in the new series.

You really should have spoiler tagged that - it's not news to me, but CB has already said - a couple of times - that she is trying to avoid spoilers!

Personally, I don't think it will happen, at any point.

Tennant has left the series.

I can see him returning for some multi-Doctor epic in 2013, but not in the immediate future, and I don't think that is something Moffat would entertain either.

Oh yes bring back Dr Tennant mark 2! Even though he is stuck in a parallel world, that didn't stop Rose

But Doctor Two is half gobby-Donna! Rose got lumbered with the bobby prize! Why in Gods name would you want him back?!

A big NO! to Tennant coming back in the short term, Smith HAS to be given the time and space (no pun intended) to prove himself.

I personally think he will, in buckets!

Edited by Raven
Adding spoiler tags!

You really should have spoiler tagged that - it's not news to me, but CB has already said - a couple of times - that she is trying to avoid spoilers!

Yes, please spoiler tag anything plot related for the new series!

I don't mind finding out actors who are going to be in it, or writers, or directors etc., but please try to avoid monsters, aliens, planets, returning characters, episode titles and anything to do with the stories themselves.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm so pleased to see that

Alex Kingston aka River Song

has been spotted filming. That was one of my favourite episodes and I would love to see more of that story.

I think

you are going to see quite a bit more of that story, she seems to be down for episodes at both ends of the series

, as far as I can tell.

Aarghh!!! You guys are killing me! I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers, but I now really want to know who you're talking about :lol:

I must not look at the spoilers ...