Dr Who

Michelle

I think they are showing a clip from Xmas, I cannot wait for it. So glad Catherine Tate is back - I loved Donna! I loved tonights - fantastic. Definitely the best special episode there's been. Although I was nearly in tears at the end. I don't want DT to leave. I will be in floods by New Year!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm intrigued to know how they bring Donna back without her dying...or maybe she does. :/

On today's episode I can't believe The Doctor acted like that! It's like he stopped respecting time or history or something, I mean he realised but still. I think it's a bit them trying to make us feel it's time for him to go, so we accept Matt Smith better.

It was amazing tonight! Loved the darker side of the doctor, like Michelle said. Loved the whole Doctor-going-skitzo-not-going-to-tell-me-what-to-do kinda thing. :smile2: Didn't make much from the trailer, already knew The Master was back and Donna, so yeah. Can't wait for the finale now though. :lol:

That was kind of a strange episode. I enjoyed it (if enjoyed is the right word, it was rather nasty) as it was the lovely David for an hour, and that can never be bad, but...

I spent most of the ep thinking "rescue them, you callous :smile2: ", but then when he did I thought "you really shouldn't have done that". It was interesting the way the Doctor became arrogant and decided to rewrite the laws of time so he could do what he wanted, the inference being that it happened because he had no-one to stop him (ie no Donna). But would Donna or another companion have stopped him? They might have done so, but Donna wanted to save Pompeii...

It was pretty powerful at the end, when Brooke shot herself and the Doctor realised what he'd done. Some fine acting from David as usual. But the other two crew are still loose in the world, which will no doubt muck up the whole space/time continuum...

I can't wait to see Donna, she's my favourite companion ever, but I just hope it doesn't result in her death. I was upset enough when she left. :lol:

I don't either, but I think before long everyone will start to like Matt Smith. He will bring something new to the show. :D

Yeah, when David Tennant first appeared I thought he was way too OTT, and thought he'd end up being a bad replacement for Christopher Eccelston - but the audience quickly warmed to him. So maybe it'll be the same for Matt Smith, despite many people's reservations about him being very young for the role and such.

John Simm tends to steal the show whenever he appears as The Master though, IMO!

Watched the special the other night - the watery Mars one - and were plased to find we finally had a good episode! Looking forward to the Xmas one now - desperate to see The Master again! :D

Can anybody remember how many actors have played the Master? I recall Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainley, some bloke in a zombie suit, Eric Roberts, Derek Jacobi and John Simm. Have there been any more?

What did everyone think of the Christmas special preview that was shown on Children In Need night? Thought it looked funny but serious at the same time. :D

I'm really excited now! Can't wait for Christmas to see the next two specials. Loved the jokes - especially the references to Elizabeth I :D - and I hope that even with the dramatic story we've been told it will be to end David Tennant's reign, I hope there is humour throughout the episodes and not just drama and action; it is Christmas after all :lol: