What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celine Dion...

There must be a cure for that. You poor thing.:(:D

Some women do shoes, some women do handbags, some women do designer labels.

I do plants...obsessively and compulsively.

And gummy bears.

There must be a cure for that. You poor thing.:(:D.

Hey now, she is my icon! I sleep wearing her early 90's concert t-shirt every night while I listen to 'All By Myself'. *Tear* If only my dream of seeing her in concert (so I can try to jump the barricade with a scissors in hand to snip a lock of her hair) would come true! *sigh's dramatically*

:)

Hey now, she is my icon! I sleep wearing her early 90's concert t-shirt every night while I listen to 'All By Myself'. *Tear* If only my dream of seeing her in concert (so I can try to jump the barricade with a scissors in hand to snip a lock of her hair) would come true! *sigh's dramatically*

:)

:D:lol: I have a similar dream about Celine Dion and scissors. I'm guessing its a bit more stabby though. If my dream comes true, I'll send you a lock of her hair, I'll even wash the blood off first.

I'm all heart.:(

• 4 weeks later...

Licking the out the bowl when i make a cake instead of giving it to the kids :irked:

Reading my teenage daughters copy of Closer on the sly even though i tell her it's a load of c**p :D

One of them would be reading magazines like Heat and Closer. I try to stay away from them, but they circulate round our Lolfa (the school's sixth-form lounge) and I can't resist!

Another would be pancakes. We don't have them often, but when we do... yum!

Ooh, and Nigella Lawson's cookery shows. I think she's brilliant; if her show is on, I'll watch it. :lol:

Tesco ham and cheese sandwiches when I can afford them. When I used to work through college, what i'd do everyday when i'd finished a shift, is walk to town, have a browse in the bookshop and pick up some sandwiches, it's so sad but great at the same time :lol: They are so easy to make yourself but there's just something about ready made sarnies :lol:

• 2 years later...

We've had loads of new people join in on the forum and we can't let you guys off the hook! Fess up: what is your guilty pleasure? :P

My latest is listening to Limp Bizkit. It's quite embarrassing. The lyrics are awful and I think Fred Durst can't be all that smart, either, but I love the music nevertheless. It's empowering and it's good to dance to! :blush:

I am a sucker for certain tv-series, and can get really involved in lets say certain couples. Lots of people have this kind of guilty pleasure, so I shouldn't be embarrassed, but I find it embarrassing that I can get so involved with something fictional, and take things a bit too serious and spend too much time on things. 

I am also fond of some music that many my age would say is awful, embarrassing or for old people. 

In both cases, I am not going to reveal examples.