Show your bookshelf

beef

• 1 month later...

pa110246.jpg

Look at this pretty bookshelf my dear husband made me! I have the best husband! I'm not quite finished with arranging the books yet. And also, there's clearly room for more books, so I have some work to do with that too. :woohoo:

Sara ~ wow! its gorgeous! :)

And Whitegold, your book shelves are fab :)

Edited by Weave

bookshelf.jpg

Books I've read are on the bottom, books I'm gonna read are on the top - haven't re-organized since I finished twilight - so when I finish breaking dawn I'll have to re-organize 'em again lol

hahaha ignore next months tooth brush in the bottom right (a)

Edited by Rick

• 3 months later...

Okay, here are my newly arranged and organised bookshelves. The cardboard boxes beside the bookcase are a new 'feature', and you can also see my furry posse from Oz. The smaller 'bookcase' that also functions as a TV stand holds my Australia books (not all of them) and there's a row of Rory books in the back (you won't be able to see them). I also own a drawer full of books but that would make a boring pictures, because you can't see the books.

Edit: Oh man, I can't believe I let you guys see my Dr Phil book. I'm so ashamed :blush::lol: Well there it is.

aus108.jpg

aus110.jpg

Edited by frankie

Oh yay! I've never seen your shelves before, Frankie. How cool! cool.gif I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw my old mates on top of the boxes (they look so cosy and comfy), and all the books that I recognise from your visit. biggrin.gif That's an awesome use of space to stand those boxes for more storage. :)

Pickle, I love your shelves too. I bought some lights recently that I want to hang over my bookcases like you've done with yours. :)

Oh yay! I've never seen your shelves before, Frankie. How cool! cool.gif I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw my old mates on top of the boxes (they look so cosy and comfy), and all the books that I recognise from your visit. biggrin.gif That's an awesome use of space to stand those boxes for more storage. :)

Pickle, I love your shelves too. I bought some lights recently that I want to hang over my bookcases like you've done with yours. :)

Cheers Kylie, I have them all round the bedroom and throught the bed rails as I don't bother with a bedside light makes it all pretty and girly :rolleyes: in fact I think I own about 5 sets of fairly lights strung up in different locations in the house :D

frankie your shelves are brilliant! I love the 'special feature' cardboard boxes, what a great idea! Something you could customise with wrapping paper or even wallpaper? :wink:

Pickle your new shelves are fantastic, you have a lot of books! The fairy light touch makes them look so pretty :D

Thanks Kylie and Charm :friends3:

Hehe, the posse is very happy to be looking over my books. I only wish the top most box were a bit wider, the poor tassie is juggling on the edge! They don't always stay there though, I sometimes want their company when I'm reading in bed, and Donnie is especially happy to have a look at the books I'm reading. I'm sure he'll go bonkers the next time I read a book about dogs.

frankie your shelves are brilliant! I love the 'special feature' cardboard boxes, what a great idea! Something you could customise with wrapping paper or even wallpaper? :wink:

I love my cardboard boxes, they were a very random idea, first I had one of them on top of the bookcase but then I tried if I could fit one of them next to it and voila, it was a perfect fit. It's just perfect. I did think about decorating the boxes, but at first was too lazy to think of something to do to them, and now I quite like them how they are, the brown goes well with the bookcase and my furry friends and the guitar I usually have hanging there infront of the bookcase.

Edited by frankie