Show your bookshelf

beef

Charm, consider me jealous. I've got books sprawled about everywhere now, and although they all receive loving care and attention, they're not organised or shelved as nicely as I'd like. It's due to lack of space, and I've considered storing my old Top Ten Of Everything and Guinness World Records books, as they take up loads of room, and if they were gone I could shelve my books well. Also thinking there's room for a couple more shelves in my bedroom as well.

Wow thats so impressively tidy...I really am going to have to sort out my books soon, I can't keep up with them all.

Thanks! My OH offered to help me sort them and I quickly said 'NO ... I can manage :blush: ' I actually enjoyed sorting them, much nicer with more space than I'm used to :lol:

Wow Charm I'm so jealous Those shelves look great!

Aw thanks Steph :)

They are lovely Charm!

I wonder how many of you did (or will do) the same as me, and admire the shelves, then tip your head to read the book titles!

Thanks Chrissy! I knew that would happen, I do it myself! :blush: I even spent ages trying to get the shots clear enough, but had to crop the pics to put them here. :lol:

They look lovely!

Thanks anisia! :)

I love those bookshelves Charm, and yes they are very neat and tidy!

Give it time, once I run out of room they'll probably just be jammed in anywhere! :giggle2:

You seem to be wasting an awful lot of good book space on candles and picture frames there Charm! (very impressive though!).

I know! You think I should get more books? I do :D

Also thinking there's room for a couple more shelves in my bedroom as well.

Thanks Ben! Store the world record books, there's always room for more shelves! ;)

Thanks Ben! Store the world record books, there's always room for more shelves! ;)

I think that's going to be a task for a weekend whenever I can get myself a spare minute.

Edited by Ben

Beautiful shelves Charm! I'm curious about those red books too.

I can't wait to see updated pics once you've bought more books. :wink: I really envy your TBR/bought books stats, Charm. It seems more manageable than my own TBR pile. Something for me to aspire too. :smile2:

We have 16 sets of bookshelves - or is it 18? (roughly 2 per room, including hall and upstairs landing). I notice that there are also books creeping along the supposedly unoccupied shelf that runs the length of the spare bedroom (where there are alreadytwo full bookcases).

Far too many to photograph.

So, those of you just starting to accumulate books, take this as a dire warning - they take over!

/sigh/ Know the feeling. We just bought a lovely "new" [from a local consignment store] bookcase that is 12 feet wide and 8 feet high. OH has still not shipped some of his books down here from storage, so that'll be filled up soon enough. That is in addition to the "yours, mine and ours" that already fill the 29 bookcases, plus a shelved hall closet. And still we buy. :cool:

Finally, at the weekend my OH put up eight bookshelves for me, although once I put all my books on them, it didn't seem like an awful lot :blush: Oh well, at least there's room for more! :D :D

They are beautiful, and very professional looking.

But yes, you need more books. :giggle2:

Charm, I'm still really impressed by the shelves and the tidyness! They look simply fabolous. I was wondering, what are the red covered novels on the top shelf, above the few white Koontz (?) titles? Ward or Hamilton, by any chance? :)

Beautiful shelves Charm! I'm curious about those red books too.

I can't wait to see updated pics once you've bought more books. :wink: I really envy your TBR/bought books stats, Charm. It seems more manageable than my own TBR pile. Something for me to aspire too. :smile2:

I recognise the red's they are Hamilton aren't they? Also recognised the Koontz and Ward...I love looking at other peoples book shelves :D

Thanks guys! Yip the reds are Hamilton's Anita Blake series, the Ward's are the shelf below, total escapism! :lol:

Kylie for some reason my reading to buying ratio seems to stay about the same, well, while my mojo is here. No doubt my TBR pile will start to creep up if my mojo wanes ;) I have to say though, I feel a charity shop trip coming on, that should mess up my stats! :lol: You aspire to my stats, I aspire to your shelves! They are brilliant!

They are beautiful, and very professional looking.

But yes, you need more books. :giggle2:

Yes! That's what I keep saying to my OH :yes: thank you :D

• 4 weeks later...

Great book shelf Decemberjoy :)

Also great book shelf Frankie, I like that, wherever you lay your head, your book shelf is with you :friends3:

Thanks Charm :)

A couple of those book spines look familiar, but I can't remember what they are now. It's been a age since I last read a Star Trek novel, but I still have a huge pile of them somewhere!

Yeah I have quite a few. The ones in this picture are the hardbacks I have and I also have another bookshelf full of paperback. Most of them are from the original series. Which show do you have in books?

:haha: Trust you frankie to have filled not just a bookshelf, but a bookcase no less in Kylie's place. You've only been there a matter of weeks woman!! :lol: It looks very neat and tidy too ;)

But it's only three shelves!! Besides, I've read already like hm 7-8 books while I've been here :blush: And the book fair was on the first week of my stay so naturally I got a lot of books so early on. Everything's cooling down already. I haven't bought a book since... hmph, last Wednesday :giggle2: