Show your bookshelf

beef

I do have a penchant for having a sneaky look at a bookshelf if I'm in someone's house, usually to make a completely needless sweeping generalisation about their whole personality! I don't know, maybe I'm just nosey. Seems like the thread for me, who knew looking at peoples bookshelves could be so addictive. If I've time later I'll take a quick snap of my bookshelf, though I think mine will be dwarfed in size compared to some of your home libraries. I fear it'll be analogous to a small child (on a cold day) stood next to Ron Jeremy...

Wow neat! What are the Nick Hornby's?

High Fidelity and Fever Pitch, two of the books which I'd say got me reading and influenced me a lot when I was younger!

Oh, and How To Be Good.Not as good as the others really, I don't remember much about it to be honest having read it a long time ago. I say a long time ago, I've not got that much time to go back, but you know what I mean.

I haven't bought a book since... hmph, last Wednesday :giggle2:

That's only because we haven't been to any more book shops since then!

Nice shelves dollarsandcents! :cool: I recognise a lot of books there, and we have the same editions of a lot of books too. :)

Which show do you have in books?

Mainly the original series. I have a number of Next Generation stories and a few Deep Space Nine, but no Voyager or Enterprise (I'd pretty much stopped reading Trek by the time they came out - I was too busy writing my own!).

Nice shelf! I can see a few of the same Bill Bryson; what does he write?

He's an American (moved to UK, then back again, then back to the UK) travel writer essentially, laced with witty humour and a lot of great observations. He's a really warm, friendly and hilarious author, never laughed so much when reading a book than when reading a Bill Bryson book, my favourite being his A Walk in the Woods, where he walks the Appalachian Trail with a hilarious friend. I guess it's either your thing or it isn't, but I'd say they're worth giving a try if you're into something easy and fun to read. He's also done a few books on the English language and a History of Science book as well.

Hope that helps, give him a try!

He's a really warm, friendly and hilarious author, never laughed so much when reading a book than when reading a Bill Bryson book, my favourite being his A Walk in the Woods, where he walks the Appalachian Trail with a hilarious friend.

That's one of my favourites as well. :)