Wispa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was a fan of vice versas- wish they'd bring them back!

Yay! I second that - they were great.

Personally I would want the return of Secret bars and Terry's Moment bars. I loved the coconut one. They were yummy.

Secret bars! Mmm. They were excellent and quite short-lived if I remember correctly. I can't recall Terry's Moment bars at all... :blush:

Secret bars! Mmm. They were excellent and quite short-lived if I remember correctly. I can't recall Terry's Moment bars at all... :)

The bars were in hexagonal segments with a hazelnut in caramel inside. Then they brought out a praline version with segments shaped like mountains and a one with round segments with a coconut cream inside.

I also long the for the return of black cherry creams in Roses.

oooh i havn't had a wispa in ages. They used to make all different kinds of them - the caramel one was heavenly!:)

Does anyone remember the 'Cabanna' bar? It was coconut, cherries and caramel all covered in chocolate. I used to love them but everyone i mention them to has no idea what i'm on about! :) I'm beginning to think i dreamt it!:tong:

oooh i havn't had a wispa in ages. They used to make all different kinds of them - the caramel one was heavenly!:)

Does anyone remember the 'Cabanna' bar? It was coconut, cherries and caramel all covered in chocolate. I used to love them but everyone i mention them to has no idea what i'm on about! :) I'm beginning to think i dreamt it!:tong:

I remember the Cabana bars! They were quite nice but didn't seem to be around for long.

Stephanie: I thought Wispas weren't out until October?

Bah! I shall have to go on a Wispa hunt immediately. Looks like the North East got them first - makes a change from London! :D I hope yours wasn't one from last year, Stephanie!

I walked in to Sainsbury's on Friday and they had a display of them at the door and 4 'fell' into the trolley....mmmmm....forgot how nice they were.

wispa.gif

My local Spar has a new display fully dedicated to them! Some accidentally 'fell' into my basket too :welcome2:

I always preferred Spiras myself! (which were great if you put them in the freezer!).

Commenting on posts earlier in the thread, they've bought back both Spangles and Texan bars in recent years.

Spangles were done in two different flavours (orange and blackcurrant, if memory serves, and not the multi-flavoured packs of old), and the Texan bars were about half the size of the old ones* - three bites and they were gone!

I'd like to have some Rowntree's Fruit Gums made to the recipe they used to use when I was a kid, I used to love them!

*Or perhaps my hands have got bigger over the intervening years . . .