Wispa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves me correctly (which it probably doesn't) I think they're coming back around the beginning of October. :D

I thought they were back for good before, but apparently it was just a trial run to see how popular they were, and they disappeared again before I had time to buy one! :blush:

So this time I will be ready!!

Does anyone remember the mint Wispas and the caramel ones? They were nice too.

I hope you're right about them coming back in October!

I don't know why I seem to like them so much more than just a normal bar of chocolate like a dairy milk and even aero doesn't come close!

Yep I remember the mint and caramel versions, I liked the caramel one but wasn't so much gone on the mint flavour for some reason.

Yup - the original Wispa bars will be available permanently as of 6th October - HURRAH! (Cue Kell and Dale dancing around in mad glee!)

Wispa Gold (the one with the caramel layer) and Wispa Mint will also be rereleased as limited editions at around the same time. Hopefully peopel will buy them by the thousands and they'll be forced to bring them back permanently too!

Yeah, like Colin said - an aerated chocolate bar, so it's chocolate but all light and bubbly. Basically, Cadbury's copy of an Aero bar, but superior to Aero as Cadbury's is nicer chocolate!

And being sweet and sickly is the point of chocolate in my opinion! :blush:

Wish they would bring back the Nutty Bar and Spangles!

Spangles!!! Mmmmm, remember the Old English flavoured one? <drool>

Remember the advert for them?

Remember Aztec bars? I wish they would bring those back.

Trish, now seeing blackjacks, fruit salads, rhubarb and custard, pineapple cubes, fruit pips, cola cubes, milk bottles, pink shrimps, spanish tobacco,

bazooka joe, glass sweet jars fully loaded . . . . :blush:

What about the Texan Bar. Toffo's and those big Yellow Fizz bombs? what about space dust which used to explode on the tongue. I hate to think what went into them.

My nephew used to go potty if he ate blue Smarties, in the end my sisiter had to throw the blue ones away. My niece used to go potty if she drunk pure orange juice.

It took about half a day to eat a Texan bar! I remember the advert for that, where the guy was facing a firing squad... He began to eat a Texan bar, and took so long that the firing squad fell asleep and he strolled off into the sunset! :blush:

Toffos were gorgeous, you got strawberry, banana, chocolate and plain toffee flavours. I think you can still get them, though I'm not sure if the flavours are the same.

I don't know why everyone remembers Spangles with such affection- they were foul! :D

Not a choccie bar as such, but I wish they would bring back Trio biscuits. Yum.

what about space dust which used to explode on the tongue. I hate to think what went into them.

I had some space dust a few months ago, they still sell it in the old fashioned sweet shops, I got a few packets of it when I was it Lincoln visiting my sister.

It is still as yummy and weird feeling as I remembered it!

Edited by Kell
fixed quote code ;)

A square, hard-boiled fruity sweet, which may or may not have been slightly fizzy (I can't recall). What I do remember is that all selection boxes at the time consisted of lots of yummy chocolate bars, and for some reason, an obligatory packet of Spangles, which invariably hung around for ages after the chocolate until I got desperate and finally ate it. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Have just read that due to the sucess of the Wispa relauch Mars will be bringing back Opal Fruits and Marathon bars too. Not sure if they're just going to be rebranding the Starburst and Snickers products - that seems a bit pointless to me, they seemed just the same when they did that the first time around!