A new first line of current book

Nici

(He claimed to be a real werewolf.

:lol::blush: That is pretty strange!

'I was sick - sick unto death with that long agony; and when they at length unbound me, and i was permitted to sit, I felt that my senses were leaving me.' - The Pit and the Pendulum, Edgar Allen Poe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Widowed, in the house her husband had built with day and night nurseries and a music-room, as if the children would stay there for ever, instead of marrying and going off at the earliest possible moment, old Mrs North yielded one day to a long-felt desire to provide herself with company."

Someone at a Distance by Dorothy Whipple

'3 May. Bistritz — Left Munich at 8.35 P.M. on 1st May, arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6.46, but train was an hour late.' - Dracula, Bram Stoker

'I was sick - sick unto death with that long agony; and when they at length unbound me, and i was permitted to sit, I felt that my senses were leaving me.' - The Pit and the Pendulum, Edgar Allen Poe.

Ah, the only short story of EAP's that I've read so far, and I loved it!

The sun was already sinking into the deep green of the hills to the west of the valley, the red and gray-pink of its shadows touching the corners of the land, when Flick Ohmsford began his decent.

Terry Brooks - The sword of the Shannara (Book 1 Shannara Trilogy)

Having spent the last ten years working for this airline, you'd have thought I'd have a better parking spot by now. ~ Air Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones

The girl`s hair looked silky. He longed to feel it against his fingers and cursed the latex gloves, the necessity that he wear them.

Copycat ~ Erica Spindler.