A new first line of current book

Nici

I love A Good Yarn and I'm grateful for every minute I spend in my shop on Blossom Street. Back on Blossom Street - Debbie Macomber

This is not a ghost story. Star Gazing - Linda Gillard

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a wintry sadness about this one, a deep-rooted melancholy that belies her seventeen years, a laugh that never fully engages any sort of inner joy. ~ The Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari (my World Book Day swap from Charm - Thanks Charm!)

There is a wintry sadness about this one, a deep-rooted melancholy that belies her seventeen years, a laugh that never fully engages any sort of inner joy. ~ The Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari (my World Book Day swap from Charm - Thanks Charm!)

Ooohh I hope you like it!! :smile2:

A throng of bearded men, in sad-colored garments and gray, steeple-crowned hats, intermixed with women, some wearing hoods, and others bareheaded, was assembled in front of a wooden ediface, the door of which was heavily timbered with oak, and studded with iron spikes.

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

A throng of bearded men, in sad-colored garments and gray, steeple-crowned hats, intermixed with women, some wearing hoods, and others bareheaded, was assembled in front of a wooden ediface, the door of which was heavily timbered with oak, and studded with iron spikes.

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

That sounds intriguing!!

Not exactly the first line of a certain someone's work, but it's the first line of chapter 2.

Every world has its share of eternal struggles

The battered white van had made her uneasy.

The Blue Nowhere ~by~ Jeffrey Deaver :friends0:

Hope you`re enjoying it, it was one of the first JD books I read.

These are the things that no one tells you, that you must experience in order to learn.

Say Goodbye ~ Lisa Gardner

Hope you`re enjoying it, it was one of the first JD books I read.

These are the things that no one tells you, that you must experience in order to learn.

Say Goodbye ~ Lisa Gardner

I am indeed thanks :friends0: So far so good!

"On the morning the last Lisbon girl took her turn at suicide -- it was mary this time, and sleeping pills, like Therese -- the two paramedics arrived at the house knowing exactly where the knife drawer was, and the gas oven, and the beam in the basement, from which it was possible to tie a rope."

~ The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides

Edited by Wilde Lily

Dear All of You, despite my controlling streak, there aren't too many rules, so far as the funeral goes.

Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble

Aaaaaaaaaand that's about where I started bawling .... :shrug:;)

Let me know how you like this book as you continue on, PP!

"I address these lines--written in India--to my relatives in England.

My object is to explain the motive which has induced me to refuse the

right hand of friendship to my cousin, John Herncastle."

This is the first line of the prologue of The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins.