Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like one of the bread adverts - a boy running through the twentieth century from before the Titanic through the First World War - Depression - Second World War - Fifties Teddy Boys - Sixties Beatlemania - Coal Strikes in the Eighties and Nineties to now ... The amount of costume changes the boy goes through is stunning ... I love that one!

There's an advert for some fruit juice I think that has birds in it, going inside their birdhouse thats got a tv, kitchen etc. It's really cute.

I know the one - with the human clock! Yes, that's a great advert! ;)

• 1 month later...

We don't have regular tv anymore. We just keep the set to watch vids and DVD's. But my fav ad is the lynx chocolate one. Every time my husband puts it on i go to bite him. Sorry just thought...was that to much information for you all!

That one where the man slaps his daughter on the head and she robs and cant read in class. It is not really very nice to see. It is so stupid and too violent, Bring back Mary Whitehouse.

I hate that one too. It's so awful I can't even watch it and the noise when he slaps her is so loud it makes me cringe.

No it's trying to make a important point and like all ad's with a solemn message, it's not that nice at all. Sometimes we can think these type of people are a just anti-social and cause trouble, but we don't realise what kind of circle their life is in, and without help they just can't get out of the trap. I personally like it for what it teaches. However i would never call it my favorite!

I like the advert for Maryland Cookies, it is very naff but I do love the rabbit :lol:

I hate the adverts for text flirting and the like :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That does make the safety rules much more interesting Poppy! I can't see the easyjet staff over here doing that though :D

I love the new McDonald's ad, the one were all the different types of people enjoy their food. I love listening to it, brings a smile to my face every time :)

The one with the small kid who wants to "do a poo at Pauls", why the childs mother doesn't just tell him he was adopted and if he likes Paul's so much he can go live there forever is beyond me. I hate it...

Along with any advert for selling gold...

The one with the small kid who wants to "do a poo at Pauls", why the childs mother doesn't just tell him he was adopted and if he likes Paul's so much he can go live there forever is beyond me. I hate it...

Along with any advert for selling gold...

I agree that is a crappy advert :D

I agree that is a crappy advert :D

Nice pun!

Oh and while we're on the subject. The BT Adverts with nick from My Family in them. When they're having an important MSN convo with one another about their relationship and his broadband goes, why doesn't he just call her??!!

And then in the next one they are both ringing up various shocked looking family members and telling them some news, what news was it? Has he got her up the duff?

Poor bloke, just goes to show that she has preyed on him to get him to support her and her grotty kids and now he's never going to hear the end of it...

Kingsmill butty theft ads:

Couldn't be arrsed to make my own pack-up so stole the other half's. Blamed the dog/kids/mother-in-law (delete as applicable).

It must have been slow day in the creative department at Saatchi and Saatchi

Edited by Ghost

All the recent bank "we're your best friend..", "come in and see us..", "have a cup of tea, and a biscuit", ads really get my goat at the moment!! :D

I don't want a "chat", or a "free piggy bank!!" I want you to pay back all the billions of pounds you've robbed from the British public, before you pay yourselves millions in bonuses!!! :D:irked:

OK..rant over!