What magazines do you read?

~Andrea~

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really read any magazines. I occasionally start collecting ones with free models and things but I never complete them. I have a half built orrery from last years space magazine thingy they released, but then I ran out of money. Twas actually a good magazine.

Other than that, I read my mother's gossipy ones sometimes, but they're sad reminders of how superficial the world is.

Best magazine I have is an issue of Scientific American, a special edition all about 'time'. Its great.

I have a half built orrery from last years space magazine thingy they released, but then I ran out of money. Twas actually a good magazine.

Blimey, that must have been a complicated model to build. I had an orrery made for my husband as a wedding present, and it's so complicated I couldn't imagine even trying to start putting it together.

DSCF1715.jpg

I like magazines that touch on beauty, cooking/food and home decorating such as:

Beauty: Self, Shape, Allure, Lucky, Glamour (UK), etc

Cooking/Food: BBC Australian GoodFood (previously known as Australian Table), BBC GoodFood, Delicious (New Zealand), Taste (New Zealand), healthy food (Australia), etc

Home decorating: Ideal Home (UK version) and believe it or not... IKEA catalogue!

Generally I find mags soooo expensive so I don't bother. Because I am a therapist though, I subscribe to a trade one called Today's Therapist which is very informative. I also get the International Therapist which comes with my membership to Federation of Holistic Therapists.

Like peeps above, I can't abide the celeb gossip or soaps mags.

oooh my little guilty pleasures include any kind of celeb-related magazine (People, US Weekly, etc). i even regularly visit eonline.com and ew.com .. I just can't help myself! I also like O (Oprah's magazine) and Real Simple (the organizational magazine).

• 2 weeks later...

suscribe to - BBC wildlife (have done for 5 years)

buy the odd music magazine (metal hammer)

grandma gets the gossipy celeb mags so i flick through them when i visit (lives up north - so not that often)

used to be addicted to spirit and destiny and related mags but havent got one in ages

when i was little i collected farthing wood :lol:, also collected mind body and spirit with my mum