What magazines do you read?

~Andrea~

Ah, go on! Hehe. I don't think anything can be worse than the stuff they print in Bizarre. I bought that once because I am a huge fan of The League of Gentlemen and they did a feature on them around the time the film came out. Disturbing is the only word that describes that magazines. Very very disturbing.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy Empire every month ...

Years back I used toget Empire Magazine every month, along with TotalFilm and Starburst (a sci-fi-based mag).

Ah, go on! Hehe. I don't think anything can be worse than the stuff they print in Bizarre. ...

I used to occasionally pick up a Bizarre, simply because it was so bizarre - LOL!

Being a confirmed petrolhead and a biker I get lots of car and motorcycle magazines every month.

CAR is the original and the best - I have a subscription

I sometimes buy EVO, What Car, Top Gear, Bike, Motorcycle Sport & Leisure, RiDE, TWO, Motorcycle Cruiser (for the closet Harley rider in me)

I also buy Private Eye, and VIZ for my two eldest boys (aged 17 & 14) while I also get the Beano for my youngest boy (aged 9)

Being a confirmed petrolhead and a biker I get lots of car and motorcycle magazines every month.

CAR is the original and the best - I have a subscription

I sometimes buy EVO, What Car, Top Gear, Bike, Motorcycle Sport & Leisure, RiDE, TWO, Motorcycle Cruiser (for the closet Harley rider in me)

I also buy Private Eye, and VIZ for my two eldest boys (aged 17 & 14) while I also get the Beano for my youngest boy (aged 9)

And Asian Babes?

OH bought me a National Geographic subscription and I am loving it. I also have one to Christianity which I have had for about five years, but I didn't get my subscription renewal reminder this year, so I have missed about four copies. I must get it renewed.

Other than those, I don't read them. I can't stand the ones with celebrity gossip and other rubbish. It doesn't interest me at all.

We get The Week also and it is a good read. I bought it originally for myself and OH but am pleased that my eldest pinches it to read when she can.

What's your favourite bit SusieQ?

Time to tighten the belt so I'm letting most of my subscriptions run out. I usually get Dwell, Architectural Digest, Entertainment Weekly, Ancestry and Bookmarks. I'm going to keep Entertainment Weekly since it's so cheap, otherwise see ya!

I read trashy Celeb magazines as they are the only ones I can afford (and because I might also be hopelessly addicted to them..).

But I adore National Geographic, travel magazines, interior design magazines.. if only they weren't all so expensive!

Aye magazines are REALLY expensive. It's cheaper to subscribe direct though.

• 5 months later...

I can't make up my mind with magazines. I used to buy New every week for about six months but stopped for some reason. I liked More and Cosmopolitan. I went through a stage of buying Psychologies (I'm a Psychology student) but stopped that pretty quickly, they were

I have a problem with magazines in general in this country. There's your men's smut magazines, that purport themselves to be something other than what they are, then there's your men's body & wellness magazines, your men's gaming magazines (like xbox etc) & your men's sports magazines. For women, there are: celeb trash magazines, fashion aka "I-want-to-be-just-like-something-that-isn't-real" magazines, bride & new baby magazines, & those horrid true life story magazines - where are the magazines with some real substance? I don't necessarily want to buy National Geographic all the time, but what magazines for women are there out there that don't pander to some need to be thinner, more like a celeb, or gawking at someone elses misfortune? Needless to say, I don't often buy magazines!

Don't get me wrong, I realise that some of the articles in some of the magazines are really good & that they serve a purpose (like the new baby ones, for example) but the vast majority of them are a very poor excuse for journalism. IMHO

Book & Magazine Collector

Slightly Foxed

Web User

I have a slight beef with our local shop, as Web User is displayed very near some of the more adult men's magazines. I don't tend to linger - I'm sure the local busybodies have that area under surveillance!:roll:

As much as trashy celebs annoy me, I always buy trashy celeb magazines.

Seeing as I live of student loan I tend to go for the cheaper magazines like New and Star :roll: - it's a bonus I like them. Most weeks I buy Heat and my mum buys Closer and has recently started buying Best but I'm not too keen.