I'd Do Anything (with a little Britain's Got Talent)

Mia

Anyone watching this? It's the show to cast the role of Nancy in "Oliver!".

I watched the Maria and Joseph shows and actually picked the winners from the start, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting into this one in the same way. Still, I've watched it tonight and my current favourites are:

Samantha (probably every heterosexual man's favourite too in that outfit!). Very good performance.

Cleo - one I picked from the beginning, but she didn't have a good song to sing tonight. I hope she gets a better song next time, as she does have a good voice.

Sarah - nice voice, but need to hear her again.

Ashley - as above.

Keisha - didn't want to pick her as she came across as very arrogant, but she did have probably the best voice tonight.

So these are my picks, based on tonight's show. :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know who you mean...

Was she one of the first ones on (if not the first), and she stood in a really ungainly way with her legs apart and stomped around really gracelessly?

(Oh dear, that sounds rather nasty! But it was true.)

Was she one of the first ones on (if not the first), and she stood in a really ungainly way with her legs apart and stomped around really gracelessly?

lol :friends0: that made me laugh so much

I'll check tomorrow. The first 3 women on - their dresses did not fit properly. Sorry but this is the dressmaker in me. The one in green was too tight and it rode up. The one in lilac was meant to be spilling out of the top - but not that much! And it was too tight. I forget my rude comment about the third one... oh I know - too short!! I shall stop wittering on now :lol:

I think I know who you mean. It could be a great way to play Nancy, if it was acted right, but that girl just had no style whatsoever.

Does anyone know when this is being staged? My Mum was saying today that she would like to get my sister west end tickets for her 21st in October.

Was that Jessie? The one who did 'River Deep Mountain High'? DVO said she should lift her head

If so, I really like her but thought that the Tina Turner impression was just too much tonight.

I actually quite liked them all but three (Tara, Ashley and Francesca)

Of the Olivers, I think I only like two! The one who got through tonight and another one. They are all far too 'stage/private school' for my liking.

What was this ALW said about wanting 'gritty'? :)

Just watched the results show this evening and Amy ( I think thats the ungainly, stomping around the stage girl somebody was referring to) got sent home. She was pretty stompy and that green dress was WAY too tight but I still think she was more of a Nancy than the blonde one. Those jellied eels looked disgusting! The first Oliver is so angelic looking.

Just watched the results show this evening and Amy ( I think thats the ungainly, stomping around the stage girl somebody was referring to) got sent home. She was pretty stompy and that green dress was WAY too tight but I still think she was more of a Nancy than the blonde one. Those jellied eels looked disgusting! The first Oliver is so angelic looking.

I was with DVO - I liked Amy. I don't think she was the stompy one was she?

And that first Oliver sings and looks like an angel yes, but he'd better sort his diction out otherwise nobody will know what the poor little cherub is saying

I love Graham Norton on this show! :)

Amy... I wasn't sure what I thought of her, but yes I preferred her to Francesca- Fran has too much of a 'strong' voice to be a Nancy.

In the sing-off, I preferred Francesca's voice to Amy's - hers was a bit shrieky, especially on the higher notes.

I like all the judges except Denise, I cannot stand her. She can be very nasty. Yes, she has to criticise as part of her job, but she seems to do it in an unnecessarily nasty way.

They've got a Nancy (Samantha) who has the same name as me, she looks like me and she's not much older than me. Coincidence? :tong::)

I don't like Denise, either. Plus, I used to hate Graham Norton, but ever since I watched a couple of Father Teds with him in them, I've liked him!

Did anyone see what Kevin Spacey has been saying in the Times about the BBC and these Andrew Lloyd Webber shows??

Kevin Spacey today accused the BBC of "crossing the line" by unfairly promoting West End musicals at the expense of other theatre productions with its talent show programmes.

The Hollywood star and Old Vic artistic director said that series such as Any Dream Will Do and I'd Do Anything constitute "a 13-week promotion for a musical".

In an interview with BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Spacey added: "You are not a commercial broadcaster, and I thought that was crossing the line. Where's our 13-week programme? I have spoken to your chairman but he has yet to get back to me."

I have to say I agree.

Did anyone see what Kevin Spacey has been saying in the Times about the BBC and these Andrew Lloyd Webber shows??

I have to say I agree.

Much as I like him, he tends to be constantly on a publicity drive for his theatre.

Of all the London theatres, he's the only Director I know of. I'm sure there are many who miss out on the publicity he garners

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my favourites from tonight's show were Sarah, Ashley and Samantha. I really like their voices.

I also think Keisha has a really good voice, but they seem to be intent on sabotaging her by giving her rubbish songs.

My least favourite was Tara, but I also don't like Jodie, Rachel or Jessie (who the panel seem to love). I predict it will be Tara and Keisha in the sing-off!

I predict it will be Tara and Keisha in the sing-off!

I got it right! I should have had some money on it.

Tara was the worst one on Saturday, but in the sing off I actually thought she sang the song better than Keisha - it seemed to suit her voice more.

Unless they actually give Keisha a decent song next week she will be in the sing off yet again.

Good grief, tonight's show was dull (or Dull! Dull!!Dull!!! as John Barrowman would probably say).

I'm not much bothered who wins anymore. The two best ones tonight were Jessie and Rachel, and I can't stand either of them!

I just can't seem to get interested in this one, not like the Maria and Joseph ones where it mattered to me who won. This one, I don't really care. I think I'm still watching out of habit.