I'd Do Anything (with a little Britain's Got Talent)

Mia

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Michelle

I even remember the furore when the seemingly most popular of the potential Nancys (at the time) was kicked out at a fairly early stage. (The East End Nancy girl) It just seems that they've mesed it up totally.

I think they got the wrong Olivers too but ...

Maybe it's the Cameron MacKintosh thing?

I honestly think that for the first time, the show hasn't worked.

I've thought this from the beginning, and I think the main reason is that they are not casting the lead role (talking about the adults here). Maria in The Sound of Music is the lead, so is Joseph in Joseph... The main role in Oliver! is Oliver himself; the rest of the cast is more an ensemble, of which Nancy is just a part. They would probably have been better just concentrating on the Olivers for the show, or picking another musical. I would like to see them cast Eliza Dolittle in My Fair Lady (though that is my favourite musical!)

I think they got the wrong Olivers too but ...

I don't think Gwion is up to the singing standard of the other two winners, it really showed when they were singing Where is Love.

I just don't know what's going on with this show - Jessie has just been put through while Samantha has been kicked out.

For weeks now, the panel and Lloyd Webber have been slagging Jessie off and saying she is not Nancy - tonight they're singing her praises and saying she should win. :friends0: I don't know if they're trying a reverse psychology thing, and hoping that if they praise her people won't vote for her because they won't think she needs the votes.

Whatever, another excellent singer has gone out tonight. The final is now between Jodie and Jessie, and I think it will be a big mistake if Jessie wins.

I'm very pleasantly surprised - I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Jessie would win. Hurrah for Jodie! :tong: John and Denise were very pleased too. (JB was all teary, but his botox wouldn't let him cry!! :friends0: )

As lovesreading said though, all the best ones went out. I don't mind Jodie, but I liked Sarah, Rachel and Ashley too.

I'm quite relieved it's all over, to be honest!

Shall we start taking bets on which role they're going to cast next? It's got to be a male role, I would think, as they go alternately. Can't think of one...

Phew, I really didn't like Jessie! After the travesty of Britain's Got Talent, I was pleased to see that. :friends0:

I haven't watched any of that, but who won? My kids watched whilst they were away this week but went to bed before the results show.

It was just dancing, as far as I'm concerned - I loved the four girls with their modern classical instruments. :friends0:

I've said all the way through this one.. take the kids out.. give them their own show if necessary, but as it is, it's not fair on the adults.

I will disagree with you though! :friends0: I completely disagreed with the final voting, but there were a couple of good singers.. the girl in particular sounded great to me, and the fours girls withe the instruments were obviously talented.

Ah, but people have made a career after appearing on some of these shows.. whether they came first or second! :lol: I agree that the voting is just a joke.. whether it's people with little taste, but lots of credit on their phone, or whether they are fixed, something goes wrong.

Will Young - my hero :friends0:

Me too! :tong:

I think we'd get on splendidly. :friends0:

That's if we survived each other! :tong:

I am sure we would have great fun arguing with each other :lol:

Michelle, yes I agree with you, the young lady of 12 years was a very good singer (I sang on the stage myself at that tender age and went in for talent contests too). Although I think the violinists could play well, I prefer my violinists not to be pop artists. Another good contestant was the young boy singer. But that's what I mean you see - the boy who won it was total rubbish and so were all the rest and proves the type of people who are voting are empty headed idiots. Again just my opinion.