Desperate Housewives

Inver

I always find DVDs a waste of money because I'll watch them once and never really look at them again (doesn't stop me buying em though!) but I wouldn't think that CH4 would show DH again from the very beginning, so maybe it would be your best bet to buy it. It's one of my favourite TV programmes, very funny when you get to know the characters, and surprisinlgy clever at times.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what did you think. Good, bad, indifferent. I thought it was quite good. Lots of new stuff happening. Can't get used to Lynettes boys being 16 though!! And Edies new man....what is gonna be going on with him. Good old Mrs McClusky ...she hasn't changed...lol. Still prefer Susan's Mike to that painter guy she was snogging!!

I love Mrs McClusky. If she ever died it would kill the show for me :D She is very underused.

I love the new format. It's a clever way of having a complete change of story, rather than waiting 5 years for it to get going. I still love Lynette and Tom, the whole situation with the car was funny (that he had actually ordered a new wingmirror anyway). I love Bree and felt so sorry for her that she lost Benjamin, and realising why she's now working so hard. I hope more becomes of that because Bree is my favourite of the housewives. I've warmed to Kathryn, I hated her last season because she was trying to take over Bree, but then the finale was brilliant and made me feel for her. I don't like Edie, never have and was pleased that she was leaving - but now she's back I guess the crux of the storyline is going to be about her husband. And Susan should still be with Mike :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a couple of episodes in and really like it. As others have said, jumping forward 5 years is a clever way of getting new story lines in. I was sad that Mike and Susan broke up though.

I'm really missing Gaby's glamour though. I loved the old her.

Aren't they all looking a little less worse for wear though! Those 5 years must've been spent swimming in Botox :)

I have mixed feelings about this season. It is weird to see the way they have all changed but it's also refreshing...

I liked it until last week's episode, which I felt was all wrong... I'm on the american schedule though so I dont want to spoil anything by being specific. Hopefully tonight's episode will be better.

I'm only on the third or fourth episode but already feel like Katherine is being heavily underused (I hope that improves over the series). Bree is my favourite character (still) but I really don't like Orson now. I could do without Edie - although I'm interested in where they will take her husband. And I still love Mrs McClusky and I'm so glad that they're using her more than last series.

I watched the first episode yesterday and I just can't get over the fact that Susan's not with Mike anymore :) I hope I don't start hating her for sleeping with the painter eventhough it was Mike that did the dumping. What's with the painter's hair anyway? Graah!

Just like Twinkle, I also miss Gaby's glamour. But at least she's still with Carlos.

Other than that, it seems like there's potential.

I watched the first episode yesterday and I just can't get over the fact that Susan's not with Mike anymore :) I hope I don't start hating her for sleeping with the painter eventhough it was Mike that did the dumping. What's with the painter's hair anyway? Graah!

I know! I just want him to get a decent hair cut. She and Mike should definitely get back together :)

I know! I just want him to get a decent hair cut. She and Mike should definitely get back together :)

A decent haircut and another girlfriend! :) And make that asap. I just know that throughout season 5 I won't rest until Susan and Mike are back together. They've always struggled, why couldn't they just be together and have a happy season for once?

• 2 weeks later...
No you're right. I couldn't resist it and just went ahead and peeked! :) :)

Not sorry though!!

:) Actually I meant literally, the spoiler tag didn't work. It clearly read spoiler - then the bit with Mike and then - spoiler, in plain view. Now it works normally. I don't know why it didn't before.

I don't mind that much though because the bit was not too surprising and revealing :)

:) Actually I meant literally, the spoiler tag didn't work. It clearly read spoiler - then the bit with Mike and then - spoiler, in plain view. Now it works normally. I don't know why it didn't before.

I don't mind that much though because the bit was not too surprising and revealing :)

:doh:Oh silly me! :) I thought you just couldn't resist like me, cause its working fine now!! :)

Tonight's episode had enough excitement for everyone.

Yes I took out the revealing parts... now stop peeking! *laughs*

Yeah it was great! Finally a really good episode, full of dark humour and unpredictability. I feel like the seasons back on track *grins*

Edited by Chimera