Hobbies

Oblomov

Currently (because they often change) my hobbies are reading, reviewing, blogging, hanging out on BCF, babysitting my nephew, beading, and shopping. I hardly get to indulge in all of these, though, since school takes up so much time.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently (because they often change) my hobbies are reading, reviewing, blogging, hanging out on BCF, babysitting my nephew, beading, and shopping. I hardly get to indulge in all of these, though, since school takes up so much time.

Very busy lol :roll:

Uni takes up most of my time but my main hobby is reading. Followed by DVD's and surfing the 'net. I'm not really an active person although I should get off my bum and do an exercise dvd once in a while :lol: which I may start soon.

Hehe :roll: I could've written that! I'm so lazy...I really should do more! All I do is read, write, watch TV and sit on my laptop! I forgot to add in my post that Uni does take up time for me too, so I don't just sit at home all day :blush:...hehe.

I like to do beading too, although mostly bracelets and earrings since I never have enough patience to work on long necklaces, lol. We have one large bead shop here in town but it seems to get more expensive every time I go! I keep telling myself I should find some cheaper mail-order place but I like seeing the beads with my own eyes instead of online.

Other than that I like to create cards and stationery. Not so much into stamping them, but using handmade papers, etc.

Reading, of course, and studying anything to do with art (I go to the local museum a lot), also beading, working on my family ancestry, drinking lots of coffee, hanging out with my cat Sascha, watching Gilmore Girls and West Wing on dvd, creating stationery/cards and cooking. Oh, and music is a pretty big thing, listening though not creating, lol.

I love crafts of all kinds. I do card making and bead work. And i love to paint.

I'd like to try photography Nellie. Did you take a course?

My husband taught me to start with, but then I went on a couple of courses. It's not as difficult as you might think to take a "good" picture, even with an ordinary compact camera. It's all about understanding the light and composition, so if you paint, you probably have a great understanding of that already.

To take "Wow factor" pictures is harder, and more technical as you need to understand how the camera works so you can control the light in the way that you want, but it's by no means impossible, you just need to spend some time learning the basics and then practising.

I would recommend a local night school type course to get you going with the technical bits. Once you have that, ALWAYS have a camera with you to practise. You'll be amazed how quickly you start to take amazing pictures! :roll:

Reading, of course, and studying anything to do with art (I go to the local museum a lot), also beading, working on my family ancestry, drinking lots of coffee, hanging out with my cat Sascha, watching Gilmore Girls and West Wing on dvd, creating stationery/cards and cooking. Oh, and music is a pretty big thing, listening though not creating, lol.

What is beading? A couple of folks have mentioned that and it sounds interesting.

Nellie- when I do beading it's pretty much just making different kinds of jewelry (mostly bracelets & earrings) with wire and little beads. Sometimes people buy flexible wire that you string the beads on, other times you bend the wire and make little links that you connect, which is what I tend to do. I've seen people use leather and other kinds of cord too. It's fun, but can get expensive; the beads, wire, cord, clasps, spacers, etc can add up!

I use flexible wire since I normally make necklaces. I use glass and wooden beads for mine. I find it very soothing. Here's a link to some pictures of completed projects!

Edited by Echo
added link

LOL! Thanks. No, no orders as of yet. I barely have any beads. The only new thing I have been able to make in the past few months was a necklace for my sister-in-law for Christmas. I plan to start making lots more, though!