Hobbies

Oblomov

My favorite hobby is creative writing, its probably the real reason I like to read - to improve my own use of language, get ideas, pick up techniques etc.

I also dabble in digital photography though have little time for it these days.

I love to keep fit, I've recently started jogging!! A first for me and I don't go very far (or fast) plus swimming and yoga.

Also love cinema and occasionally theatre.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I like jigsaw puzzles too! Unfortunately I don't have large enough space to do one, but when hubby and I move into a new (and hopefully bigger) place, I have several jigsaw puzzles that I can't wait to sink my teeth into. The bigger the better, too! :(

I used to go to belly dancing classes, but they got really expensive and I wasn't learning anything new, so I eventually stopped going back. I've not been in 1 1/2 years now, although if a new class started nearby that was a bit cheaper and where I might actually learn something a bit more advanced, I might be tempted back - it's good fun!

Pets? Nature? People?

Not people, mostly outdoors - gardens, flowers, trees or buildings or parts of them like doorways, windows or roofscapes. I like colours and textures too.

Your photos are great I particularly like the textured object and the bowl of peppers:)

I enjoy playing different sports with friends and going for walks. I really enjoy art, so I draw and paint quite a lot and have a go at a bit of photography every now and then. I'm interested in History and so I love going to museums and history centres. Art galleries are great to visit, as well.

I quite enjoy going to see plays and at the moment I'm trying to learn how to cook, so that has become a bit of a hobby as well.

Its so nice to see so many people who are interested in visiting museums! For years I've managed to keep dating guys with little or no interest in such things but my current one fortunately loves museums :( In fact one of our first proper dates was a day trip to the British Museum and Museum of London. We go to museums nearly everywhere we go now, we even managed to visit one when flat hunting recently!

No I haven't visited the Pitt Rivers Museum. Bit far to go from here plus the only person I know in Oxford is an ex boyfriend. Maybe it'll be do-able from where I'm moving to.

Any other museum recommendations? I'm definitely going to try and get to the British Museum for the Terracotta Army exhibition (even though they were only allowed about 20 figures).

• 1 month later...

I watch a lot of telly, especially medical dramas (House, Grey's Anatomy etc) and forensics/detective/cop shows (all 3 CSIs, Bones, Cold case...). Oh, and the food network. I watch a lot on the food network.

I love cooking, baking...I'm just an exceptionally untidy Martha Stewart!

Oh, and I ski, I run, and I've been known to rock climb on occasion.

I watch a lot of telly, especially medical dramas (House, Grey's Anatomy etc) and forensics/detective/cop shows (all 3 CSIs, Bones, Cold case...). Oh, and the food network. I watch a lot on the food network.

I love cooking, baking...I'm just an exceptionally untidy Martha Stewart!

Oh, and I ski, I run, and I've been known to rock climb on occasion.

Wow I am impressed