Hobbies

Oblomov

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't play acoustic ;) I can't even play rhythm :)

I wouldn't know a chord if the appropriate strings snapped off and hit me in the face.

BUT I can play the lead sections of most of my favourite Guns N Roses songs :lol: Love Slash, so I learned to play some of his solos :lol:

I can't play acoustic ;) I can't even play rhythm :)

I wouldn't know a chord if the appropriate strings snapped off and hit me in the face.

BUT I can play the lead sections of most of my favourite Guns N Roses songs :lol: Love Slash, so I learned to play some of his solos :lol:

Fair enough, I was lucky enough to learn how to read music so that's helped me a lot while playing.

I didn't want to learn :)

I taught myself with online sheet music for lead (which is the only kind I can read) and then altering it by ear as I thought necessary. I love playing Knocking On Heaven's Door - its really easy, but everyone knows it so it impresses people who don't know a thing about guitar! ;)

I didn't want to learn :lol:

I taught myself with online sheet music for lead (which is the only kind I can read) and then altering it by ear as I thought necessary. I love playing Knocking On Heaven's Door - its really easy, but everyone knows it so it impresses people who don't know a thing about guitar! :)

Haha, agreed! ;)

My Dad played acoustic guitar pretty well and both my brothers played electric guitars. I played the cello *looks quietly at all the stunned faces* and I was really good at it too! ;) I hated it though, I only played until I could convince my Dad to let me give it up, which he did eventually and now I can't even remember what the strings were called! :) Shame really. I also played the piano, violin and recorder and can pick up a tune quite easily by ear. Couldn't read a sheet of music now if you paid me :lol:

I'd love to learn piano/keyboard, it's common knowledge in my music class that I'm shockingly bad. My guitar skills make up for everything tho! ;)

My hobbies are:

cooking and baking :), cycling, music (I love going to Heavy Metal and Hard Rock concerts / festivals), ;)

And I just started letterboxing and also want to try geocaching as well. That sounds really interesting.

Apart from that I just like spending my time outside on my little terrace, the seaside,...), meeting my friends for a beer or for going dancing.

I also like board- and card games and writing letters.

As some of you already mentioned where you have been and where you want to travel to, I'd like to add my favourite destinations. I just posted the previous reply to quickly.

I love travelling to England. I've been there a couple of times already but there are still so many areas I want to visit. And also Scotland and Wales are on my 'to-go-list'. I just don't know how to get there when I keep returning to England...

And Scandinavia would also be great to travel to. I'm not sure yet whether I'd start with Norway, Sweden or Finland. All of the three have their charms and I didn't really think about this yet.

I just need more time and more money to go travelling as much as I'd like ;) - not sure though where to get it from...

the odd things i spend my time doing:

.reading, drawing, listening to music mainly with headphones, the odd gig

.going to the pub for a tasty beer/cider with friends and to meet new people

.collecting interesting ale bottles

.people watch and make stories up in my head about them

.making things from left over bits and pieces

.walking - being in the countryside, surrounded by trees or by water, watch wildlife

.watch dvds (boxsets)

.cross stitch, knitting

.making candles - need to buy a pestle and mortar (molcajete) so i can make my own incense

.playing game consoles or online games with friends

.travelling - i go to scotland whenever i have money to among other places

.trying to stay positive and ignoring ANTS - automatic negative thoughts :lol:

Things i want to do that i cant or havent done yet:

.Go to finland, norway, china, alaska, australia etc

.Play the bass guitar and hammered dulcimer oo and hurdy gurdy looks fun

.Know finnish, gaelic, latin, chinese and russian languages

.Attain licenses/certificates for: driving, handling bats, diving

.Read more books!:);)

oo and i come on here too often now this has overridden other things i used to do recently

Edited by chrysalis_stage
added this new addiction

My Dad played acoustic guitar pretty well and both my brothers played electric guitars. I played the cello *looks quietly at all the stunned faces* and I was really good at it too! ;) I hated it though, I only played until I could convince my Dad to let me give it up, which he did eventually and now I can't even remember what the strings were called! :lol: Shame really. I also played the piano, violin and recorder and can pick up a tune quite easily by ear. Couldn't read a sheet of music now if you paid me :lol:

oo cello, check out a finnish band (in english) called Apocalyptica - attractive men playing cellos long hair, rock/metal style, i had tickets to see them in birmingham other year but i didnt get back fast enough from uni to see them :tong: my brother plays electric and acoustic guitar - self taught cant read music, is very good, everywhere i look is either his guitars or amps

i really wanted to play violin, my mum even has one but she refuses to let me try it, is worried i will brake it, because its been passed down through the family....i did play recorder at primary school but i got quite impatient with it because it was too monotone for my liking and i used to throw it around the room in frustration, tis why i am cautious about learning another instrument incase i loose my temper and break that....my brother has the patience of a saint with his instruments, wish i had it :)

.Go to finland, norway, china, alaska, australia etc

I've had China on my list for ages. Unfortunately my life is so scattered around the world already that after all the traveling I 'have' to do, I don't really have that much time to travel for fun. Shame really. Maybe next summer...

.Know finnish, gaelic, latin, chinese and russian languages

Any particular reason for Finnish? It's not exactly a useful language...

BUT I can play the lead sections of most of my favourite Guns N Roses songs :) Love Slash, so I learned to play some of his solos :lol:

Good girl! ;) Another Slash fan!

My hobbies.....

Reading, playing on my DS, learning about anything to do with the paranormal/life after death oh and walking. I LOVE walking. :lol:

I love playing my DS too. In fact, I just love gaming.

favourite games:

Shadow Hearts games (Playstation)

Onimusha games (Playstation)

Harvest Moon!!!! (DS)

Final Fantasy series (Playstation and DS)

Pokemon ;) (DS)

Mario Galaxy (Wii)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy arts and crafts, and whenever I can put the hobby to good use to make someone a gift, I'm quick to give it a go.

I also enjoy playing computer games (mostly anything detective-wise, strategic, or horror-like...even if the latter tends to intimidate me a tad at first when playing a game of it).

And then there's poetry writing. My Muse has been absent for a while (I don't know how much of a vacation it's going to be taking or for how long), but poetry--the reading and writing of it--has been a love of mine for the past three years.

I love final fantasy! I love playing games. I go to my brother-in-laws house a lot and because he is as in love with gaming as i am, we spend hours on his playstation.

You = legend.

I adore gaming. FFIV came out on DS!!! I must have it. I have FF's 1 and 2 on emulator on my laptop (shhh!) 3 on my DS, i will have 4 on DS, i have 4 and 5 in the anthology on playstation 1, I haven't got 6 :readingtwo: I have 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12 on playstation. Also have Ring Of Fates and Revenant Wings on DS.

But Shadow Hearts is the ultimate. Its lovecraftian alternate-history stuff with demons, magic, an anti-hero all set in europe and asia, with historical figures like Rasputin and Roger Bacon.