Hobbies

Oblomov

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as you know I am a keen birder, also a keen Naturalist (Wildlife study) I am trying to build up a nature guide business and sell my photographs and make greetings cards from them. I enjoy Cross stitch, Photography,Jigsaw puzzles and of course reading.

Once i get out of this hostel and get my own place I will be re building my model railway.

• 5 months later...

When I'm not spending my time reading books :lol:, I spend some time doing other hobbies which are;

Cooking, watching films, going for long walks by the river, shopping, cleaning :friends0:, socializing with friends and after my holidays I will be starting my Yoga class which I am really looking forward to. :D

My new hobby today was playing badminton (with net) with my son and daughter in the back garden until my son's backhander made the 4 shuttlecocks disappear into oblivion inside our really thick and high hedge. Goodby new hobby! - It was fun whilst it lasted. Why can't the local shop be open?:friends0: - I know I could get some from there, after all it's only 7:45 on a Sunday evening! :lol:

Besides reading I like photography! Have been into it a little while self teaching in particular astrophotography. Although it has been a few weeks since I've taken anything, it's been far too cold outside lately.

Other things

- I love playing around with Sims 3

- Sewing when I can be bothered, simple swing skirts, dresses.

- Collecting records, I don't really see it as a hobby though or plan to make a profit from doing so. I just love rummaging through them looking for a certain one, the big artwork, I plan on getting albums absolutely love, it makes it a bit more special to me anyway. (And I like to play them not keep them wrapped up in their sleeves!)

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy all types of sports (my fav is hockey!), working out, reading, writing, TV, movies, music (I play guitar), cooking (and eating and sleeping LOL), fishing, photography and cars.

Now I enjoy all those things, but there is never enough time to do them all.

Realistically its more like reading, working out and TV (to watch Coronation Street!)

My family lives ten hours away from me so I enjoy spending time with them when I can. Except I don't think thats a hobby LOL.

I collect books - if I see an interesting looking book, I have to have it, even more so if the packaging or cover is extra special. I'm also trying to build up a respectable collection of jewelry dolls. They're a bit expensive, though, and I'm very picky, so I only have a few, thus far. I also collect cameo pendants, brooches, etc. I would love to get my hands on an actual cameo as I only have costume versions in my collection, now - although a lot of people are fooled and think they're the real thing! :lol:

- Reading and reviewing. Love, love, love reading and reviewing.

- Collecting old books, anything 1900's - 1950's, mostly - if I ever get rich, I might get older books :lol:

- Recently getting back into art, working specifically in Paintshop Pro to sketch and colour cartoon-style pieces.

- Playing guitar/listening to very loud music.

- Baking cakes. :lol: I like decorating them.

- Studying/researching various things. It changes. Usually moves between physics, astronomy, mythology and other things I never did in school.

Those six would probably be my main ones.

Edited by Nollaig

Avidly supporting my local football club. Mrs Sedge deserves an award for getting me through the long summer months - only 18 days until the new season starts!

I also enjoy knitting socks and cross stitching. :lol:

I have a bit of an obsession with socks and would love to make my own! Alas I haven't got a clue about knitting. I also really would like to go to pottery classes again. My Mum used to volunteer at a group as she was the only person who knew how to fire things in the kiln - when I was little I used to get dragged along in the school holidays but actually it was great fun, chatting with all the old ladies and squishing clay :)

Hobbies I actually do maintain include hiking, origami and keeping tropical fish, they're so pretty and fascinating :lol:

Les Bleu Blanc et Rouge! Only the best team that ever exisited!mtlbnrpn.jpg

OMG! YES, YES, YES!

I am a die hard Habs fan! They are life to me. :lol:

I am already getting excited for the season to start, and there is still another two months to go.

Its nice to see another fan and especially one that knows the French nickname!

Ole Ole Ole Ole OLEEEEEEEEEEEE! GO HABS! :lol:

I've just started knitting again, after a long break. Working on a fair-isle jumper for Mr Tikkititi.

I've just started making my own bracelets and have been using beads and stuff from hobbycraft but I was wondering if any of you 'crafty' people on here had any suggestions as to other places to buy beads from?

Jillybeads. Very helpful and friendly. I haven't bought anything from them for a while, though.