Continue the story.....

English Superiority. Having had a belly-full in Canada and then being humiliated on the bus home, I was not about to tolerate any chicanery from some toffy-nosed and sombre English person and certainly not in my home country. Dubaius Moroseness may well have a very fitting name for his job and been high up in the High Priesthood of Bipolarish Tendancies but that did not and would not ever get him anywhere here in Scotland. But before I could get anywhere near him (for it's a known fact that in a seedy and downtown bar in Auchtermuchty that type of condescending attitude would have to die) he was chibbed by a certain wee nyaff who, it turned out, had been lying in wait just for that very purpose. It was all very disturbing because that gave me pause to realise that I knew full well that Auchtermuchty did not have a downtown - nowhere in Scotland does and if you say that to a Scottish person the best you can expect to get is a puzzled look - much less a seedy bar, never mind a chibbing. Auchtermuchy, it was all coming back to me as I woke myself up, was a respectable community populated by decent people. And what was a representatve of the not popular and very contentious High Priesthood of Bipolarish Tendancies doing in a morally upright and law-abiding village like Auchtermuchty? 

Clearly I was not in Auchtermuchty. Although definitely somewhere in Scotland. I knew that because it was raining and the scenery, such as it was, was verdant. Where was I then? I wanted to visit my Aunt Biscuit. Where could she be? Confusion reigned until I met  .......................................

Edited by lunababymoonchild

him where we actually were, because I didn't recognise the place. "Weel, it's haurdly suprisin' that ye dinna ken whaur ye aur. Yer in Nether Bogside which is in the Ecclefechan parish, it is'nae weel kent. Ah mooooved here ages ago when mah mither wis drivin' me up the wa'. She canna fin me here, so dinna tell her." he said. Once I got to the end of all that (and it took some doing, I hadn't practiced my Scottish lingual skills in quite clearly a very long time) I explained that it was not his mother I had come to see but my other Aunt Biscuit and that I'd be obliged if he could show me how to get there. "Ach dinna fash yersel'. Ah'll be mor' n' happy to gie ye a lift, ye ken. But first ............."

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I horsed into the largest three course meal ever. Then followed Dundee cake and shortbread. Satiated at last, I felt better and much more calm. “Hunger's guid kitchen!” Ginger laughed. “Aye, I wis famished!” I declared, finally finding my Scottish tongue at last. It wasn't long before I fell asleep in Ginger's comfy armchair staring into his crackling fire and (so I thought) gathering my thoughts. I found myself gently waking up as the sun, unusual at any time of day in Scotland, slowly crept into the room. Stretching and yawning after a very good night's sleep, ………………

the first thing I needed was a hot, sweet cuppa. Ginger was already up and about and the kettle was boiling.

'It's a braw day!' he declared.

Good, I thought, maybe today we'd get to see Aunt Biscuit. 

But first, Ginger again insisted on plying me with mountains of food. At this rate ...

I was going to burst! I was slowly remembering why it was I left Scotland in the first place, it was all coming back to me. Nevertheless, I persisted in my mission of at the very least seeing my Aunt Biscuit. So, weighed down by digesting what felt like heavy calories, and it was raining (again?) I asked cousin Ginger to take me to see Auntie Biscuit. Just as I was heaving my food laden self into the car ...........................

I came round, as I did so I heard singing. It was very tuneful too. Aunt Biscuit! Just as I was thinking this she came bustling in and saw that I was awake. “Johnny-boy! How urrrr ye? Ye fairly gie'd us all a start! We even goat the docturrr oot tae ye. 'Magine him sayin'' that ye'd on'y feintit! Sit yersel' up then, I've brung ye some hot sweet tea, that'll sort ye right oot.” She hauled me (she was, still, a big strong formidable woman) into a sitting position and handed me the mug full of hot, sweet tea. “Get that doon ye!” She instructed. So I did. Then ……….

went.mad..well I didn't go mad, instead I made a few calls. My bank had begun getting restless around my total balance of 7 quid 14p, my wife Clothilde was angry cos I hadn't yet been paid by Millie,whose hat collection was described as 'bizarre' in a letter to Hats and Hippies, a Newark based assortment of diverse....

and eccentric fashion. It was time to pull my finger out and improve the depleted coffers before the bank closed my account and Clothilde became completely unhinged.

I asked Ginger if there was any way I could make a quick buck.

'Weeell, I ken a wee mon who's lookin for someone tae ...

'beg man, och, jest tryst yurr entyooeshun,  no. ?', and so I went down to the local job centre, where I told them I am John Revolting, 54, from New Jersey.

'John ..Revolver..?', asked the flunkey with a name badge, Nick....

Edited by itsmeagain

"No, Revolting, just like you are" I replied. I was astonished to find myself in such a place. It did not take me long to realise that I would not be making any money at all signing on at a Jobcentre and it certainly would not be earned quickly so I walked out. I was beginning to think that Ginger did not have my best interests at heart and was about to tell him that when .....................