Continue the story.....

I  was given my instructions for the day, to go to the cutting room, sit with scissors ✂️,  and lackadaisically snip pieces of cheap Thai cloth, while also watching for interesting behaviour and conversation from the cutting crew of 50. 'What time do I get my tofu sarnie..?..', I asked Millie......

Edited by itsmeagain

'What's tofu, when it's home? Never heard of it! Bacon and beans is what we have, constricted by our very own Burt. Now, have you picked up any inseminating information from the cutting room?'

'Well.... I did hear Daisy Clutterbuck say to Betty Bootles that she'd overheard ...

excellent credentials and would be an asset to this investigation. She may be expensive but nobody can touch her for intelligence. And I'm sure that she would be interested." I said, fingering the rough patch where my rainbow pony-tail used to be.  I could see that Millie wasn't sure so decided ................................

off I went in search of the exquisite looking Pythagoras Smethwick, always in the hope that I can actually talk to her face to face, (I hope that she's in a good mood!) and then get the investigation started. Just as I was thinking of her legendary beauty .........................

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I had to try to remember what the pertinent details were. So much had happened and so many names had been bandied around that I felt quite befuddled. Losing my ponytail seemed to have had a detrimental effect on my memory cells, not to mention Pythagoras's startling gymnastics in the bedroom department.  Fortunately ...

• Haha 1

when I enquired of Pythagoras,  what is the name of Millie's husband, she recalled it as being Harry. I soon recalled Charlene, she of Charlene's chapeaux, and my face took on a steely countenance, determined to find the culprit, fight nefarious injustice,  and generally be an upright idiot, a bit like Boris.... 

Edited by itsmeagain

we decided to just head to Charlene's chapeaux on Gizzard Boulevard,  and for Pythagoras to pose as a customer.  'Ask about blue Virginia cotton caps, then also pink silken fedora with a red stripe', I said, trying to be....

Edited by itsmeagain

a particularity natty looking pith helmet which I thought would go a long way to disguise the ruins of my beloved ponytail.

'How much?' I enquired of a hoity-toity looking woman who I took to be Madame Charlene. Pythagoras gave me a filthy look and hissed, 'I thought I told you to wait outside!' 

Madame Charlene looked me up and down and said in a fake French accent ...

'elp vous?”

“You can stick that fake french accent, for a start Tatty Doughnut!” I declared vehemently “Charlene Insupportable indeed! I'd recognise that rotund physique anywhere! You're from the Biscuit side of my family, and no mistake.” 

*aside to Pythagoras* “always prone to rotundness, the family Biscuit” 

*back to 'Charlene'* “Chapeaus, what were you thinking? “ 

At this ………..

Edited by lunababymoonchild

'Jis sweeze ain't gonna redact no votrah statement, tubby one! And where do ya get Monsewer Lamond from? (question to co-authors ... what IS my name again, I'm getting mightily confused 🤣)Ya know full well I'm ya third cousin twice removed on our great-uncle Basher Biscuit's side. Get off ya high horse and ...

Edited by poppy
  • Haha 1