Where Are Your Books Kept?

Adam

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Due to the fact that I was overrunning our house with books, we turned one of our spare rooms into a library. We bought some nice bookcases from Ikea which have doors on them.

Non-fiction books are ordered by subject, and then fiction alphabeticall. Yep, I am anal about my books, but to be fair I have about 3000 so if I don't put them in some order, I'll never find anything!

At the moment they are stacked on a bookshelf & in piles around my livingroom while I try to find the bolt thingies I need to put my other bookcase together.

I think I have a spare one lying around from when my Dad put mine together. I'd offer to send it to you, but you'll probably find your own by the time mine gets there! :)

we turned one of our spare rooms into a library.

Me too!

We bought some nice bookcases from Ikea

Me too!

which have doors on them.

No doors for me...I couldn't be bothered with the extra expense. :roll:

Now that I have the room, I've been able to sort my fiction books alphabetically by author. I have my non-fiction books separate, and they're grouped by subject (mostly), and then sorted alphabetically (or not, in some cases).

LOL Kylie! Great minds think a like! Here are some of mine... Notice the empty shelves?.... They're not quite so empty now....:roll:

library003.jpg

Wow, I'm jealous. This looks great :) I love the bookcases. I need to get a room that can be turned into a library.:)

Wow, I'm jealous. This looks great :) I love the bookcases. I need to get a room that can be turned into a library.:roll:

Here here! What I wouln't give for my own place so that I could turn a spare room into a library!

LOL Kylie! Great minds think a like! Here are some of mine... Notice the empty shelves?.... They're not quite so empty now....:roll:

Beautiful! I posted a link to a pic of my bookshelves on my blog a little while ago. Not sure if you saw it but here's the link. I crammed in an extra couple of bookshelves on the two large bookcases so I could fit more books. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have one big bookshelf that my books go on, and then a smaller one that is unfortunately falling apart. But they still don't hold all of my books. I have a little metal shelf that holds yet some more books. We also have plastic bins under my mother's and my beds where we store books. And lastly, the rest of the books are just strewn across the house in different places.

Some are on a fancy book shelf in my living room, which I reserve only for hard-covers and big coffee table books. The rest are on 3 big bookshelves in my bedroom, 2 small bookshelves in my bedroom closet and on top of and in the drawer of my nightstand.