Where Are Your Books Kept?

Adam

At the moment all of mine are boxed due to complete lack of space, need to see if i can squeeeze a bookshelf in somewhere as i'd love to have them all out. Other than the boxes I have a small pile of ones i want to read soon and then when i'm done with them all i put them back in a box and get some more out

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The often used reference books are kept handily nearby in the living room, along with currently being read books.

All the others are on bookshelves in our bedroom, the landing and our sitting room. My OH overheard me saying how much I'd always wanted a library, so he brought as many bookshelves into the sitting room that he could. (I knew I had good reasons for marrying him!)

Until we win the lottery and I get my vast library with sliding ladders and window seats this will do nicely!

All the others are on bookshelves in our bedroom, the landing and our sitting room. My OH overheard me saying how much I'd always wanted a library, so he brought as many bookshelves into the sitting room that he could. (I knew I had good reasons for marrying him!)

That's lovely from him! Is he a book lover as well?

Seriously though, a house would never feel 'right' to me if there werent books everywhere! :lol: My whole family enjoys books and we always have had shelves of them in nearly every room: the sitting room, the bedrooms, my parents 'studies', even the bathroom *cracks up* I never understood how there could be no book in sight at all in a house...

That's lovely from him! Is he a book lover as well?

Seriously though, a house would never feel 'right' to me if there werent books everywhere! :lol: My whole family enjoys books and we always have had shelves of them in nearly every room: the sitting room, the bedrooms, my parents 'studies', even the bathroom *cracks up* I never understood how there could be no book in sight at all in a house...

Yeah, he has changed jobs in recent years, and now drives rather than taking trains to work - he resents his reading time being cut!

I cannot imagine a home without books, and thankfully don't have to! :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is "where" do you keep you books, but "how" do you store them? My Mum is paraniod about making sure they are in height order, whereas I insist that they are in alphabetical order by author for fiction, and in subject sections for non-fiction (sad I know). We have so many books here that if we put them in height order we would never find anything... can you imagine...

Nellie: Darling! I'm can't find my Harry Potter book do you know where it is?

Mr Nellie: Yes, it's on the shelf between the slightly-larger-than-middle-sized books and the slightly-smaller-than-middle-sized books.

Nellie: Is that the shelf below the not-quite-large-books-but bigger-than the-slightly-larger-than-middle-sized books?

Mr Nellie: Thats the one.

Nellie: Thanks!

We've got 5 shelves in the living-room filled with books, mainly collections such as Stephen King, James Patterson etc and also cookbooks. They are groaning - one shelf even came off the wall!:D

Upstairs we have a 5 shelf bookshelf with more collections, individual books, autobiographies, true life etc and they are two deep. Again, they are groaning - a couple of the shelves are bowing...:D

Hmmm there is 11 on my desk (the desk is in my bedroom) , there are 5 shelves taken up between 2 of my bed room cupboards and there are 2 tall book cases whit a small one on my landing ooo and there are also 3 wooden boxes (the size of those office boxes ) oooops I almost forgot there is another mid sized book case in our front room :D

Well I'd definately keep the bag ... might be worth something someday! :D

lol, no... I definately need to get rid of all those books, they're way to heavy to travel with!! I don't know, my brain seems to shut down when I see a bookshop. I just start buying even though I know that I have to carry them with me where ever I go...

We move so much right now that I don't keep a lot of books. Anything I buy, I pass on to someone else to avoid having to lug it around in a suitcase from country to country. Before we moved overseas, I used the library to avoid paying a fortune for books that I can get for free.

When I move into a settled home, I'll have to debate between buying all my books so I can keep and display them on some pretty bookshelves, or still using the library and saving space/money by not buying and storing books.

We'll see!

We move so much right now that I don't keep a lot of books. Anything I buy, I pass on to someone else to avoid having to lug it around in a suitcase from country to country. Before we moved overseas, I used the library to avoid paying a fortune for books that I can get for free.

When I move into a settled home, I'll have to debate between buying all my books so I can keep and display them on some pretty bookshelves, or still using the library and saving space/money by not buying and storing books.

We'll see!

Oh definately buy them! :D I think a bookcase makes a home look lovely and lived in. It gives the impression that the person who lives here likes to sit and read in that area and therefore the house gets a loved feel about it. Does that make sense? or is it too early in the morning for me to open my mouth :D

We are building at the minute and I've decided to make a corner of my lounge into a mini library, (haven't told my OH yet, waiting for the right moment :D) I'm even considering buying some of the books I've borrowed out of the library over the years so they will look nice on the shelves, and to re-read of course!

I'm a bit odd like that :)

These are my books at Uni, piled on the floor because I don't have any shelves! The rest are on shelves at home :D. I tend to keep all my books in my room as we don't have bookshelves anywhere else in our house; my mum reads occasionally and my dad doesn't read at all so it would only be my books on them!