What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

I finished season 1 of Bosch.  Pretty good.  Now on season 4 of Ray Donovan, and playing catch-up with Episodes (started with season 4 and currently on season 2  :wacko: ).

Episodes ! Yay !  I think I enjoy it far more than it deserves.  :blush2:

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotham is my favourite TV from the last few years - season 1 and 2 are fantastic. I don't much care for violence on tv at all but there are so many good performances in it - just a brilliant show.

Although it's too violent to watch with my daughter in the room, I am finding time to watch it... I'm a huge Ben McKenzie fan, and I'm really liking Jada Pinkett. I enjoy watching Robin Talor too and I'm looking forward to seeing him develop as the Penguin.

Edited by Anna Begins

Although it's too violent to watch with my daughter in the room, I am finding time to watch it... I'm a huge Ben McKenzie fan, and I'm really liking Jada Pinkett. I enjoy watching Robin Talor too and I'm looking forward to seeing him develop as the Penguin.

Oh my goodness, yes - its far too violent for children. And can be quite dark as a result but there's a lot of humour in there too. I actually envy you getting to see it for the first time! Taylor is excellent as the Penguin - in fact all the main characters develop really well as the season goes on; its a great ensemble cast. I really watch very little TV nowadays and I rarely enthuse about TV programmes generally but this is wonderful. It does seem that the USA makes far better and more intelligent TV than we do here, these days - almost all the things I DO watch are American.

Edited by Flip Martian

Watched the pilot episode of Hill Street Blues, and it was so good! As good I remembered it in the 80's  :smile: . I look forward to watching the other episodes too. Ditto for St. Elsewhere. Both were ground breaking series. 

Oh I loved Hill Street Blues, possibly my favourite US cop show ever, almost matched by the equally peerless NYPD Blue, did you watch that too?  St Elsewhere was also another gem, the ER of it' s day.

watched the first two episodes of Marcella last night.... intrigued already.

We saw it recently, loved it.  :)

I'm getting caught up with Luther. This is not the type of series that you can skip over. You HAVE to know whats going on in the previous episode. I simply love this show!

We'd started it, but somehow fell away, I know I want to go back and start over.  Very intense. 

Watched the pilot episode of Hill Street Blues, and it was so good! As good I remembered it in the 80's  :smile: . I look forward to watching the other episodes too. Ditto for St. Elsewhere. Both were ground breaking series. 

I loved this show!  I watched it "back then", you know in the Stone Age..... :roll:  :D

Oh I loved Hill Street Blues, possibly my favourite US cop show ever, almost matched by the equally peerless NYPD Blue, did you watch that too?  St Elsewhere was also another gem, the ER of it' s day.

Hill Street Blues was (and still is, for me) wonderful!! :smile: Now that I have found the whole 146 episodes of HSB on Channel 4's All 4 for free, I can watch them all again  :exc:

I loved this show!  I watched it "back then", you know in the Stone Age..... :roll:  :D

Ha ha, it really was the Stone Age then, in the early 80s, compered with now  :giggle2:

Hill Street Blues was (and still is, for me) wonderful!! :smile: Now that I have found the whole 146 episodes of HSB on Channel 4's All 4 for free, I can watch them all again  :exc:

Ha ha, it really was the Stone Age then, in the early 80s, compered with now  :giggle2:

Yeah, where were the cell phones.......hah! :D

We've watched all of Luther...even the last series (only two eps).  Wow.  Wowee!  Absolutely loved it.    Gotta love Alice.  :D

The Night Of. It's very good! But I do think the pacing is a bit off and it's a bit predictable, probably due to the fact it's a miniseries and doesn't have a lot of time for fleshing out and misdirection.

Yeah, where were the cell phones.......hah! :D

We've watched all of Luther...even the last series (only two eps).  Wow.  Wowee!  Absolutely loved it.    Gotta love Alice.  :D

Luther is amazing. :) We're still waiting for the last 2 eps to be on some streaming service for free though. We hadn't yet watched it when it was on BBC at Christmas otherwise we would have taped it. :doh:

Yes One of Us was quite good, glad TV is back to normal after the Olympics.  I'm also glad that Ripper Street is back, and enjoyed the last series Musketeers, glad they all got a happy ending!

Poldark soon.... :giggle2:  ;)