What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

Ooh .. film coming out soon. I can't wait :D 

There is? Blimey, didn't know that :D

It's been so long since I've seen this episode, I didn't remember anything about it. So much of it has been put into the American version, into the first episode or others. The temp, the situation of the company, Brent's little prank etc. I didn't know (or remember) that so much of it was used as such in the American version. But then, down the line, they made it into a show of it's own. This is classic stuff, this is. (Did make me miss the American version, though :blush: )  

Edit: Don't mean to slight the original, it's just that there were far more seasons and episodes to the American version that obviously, with that time, the characters went through a lot more and there were changes in their lives and there was more depth to them and we grew to know them so well, in comparison. 

Edit: Oh how I want to work in an office! :blush::D I now want to go and buy notebooks and handle paper :D 

Edited by frankie

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't remember the first episode .. is it the 'stapler in the jelly' one? :lol: :lol:

My favourite episode is 'Training Day' ... I literally have to wear waterproof pants if I watch it. It's just cringe city!! :hide: :lol:

I've worked in an office (several times) .. it wasn't like The Office at all .. sadly .. or maybe happily :lol:  

I can't remember the first episode .. is it the 'stapler in the jelly' one? :lol: :lol:

Yep :D Jim did that to Dwight in the American version :D Also there's the 

downsizing thing, and David's boss is threatening that there might be redundancies, and there's the new temp he wants to impress by being a funny boss, and he calls poor Dawn in and fake fires her on the spot. She called him a wänker when he told him it was just a joke. I remember in the American version, Pam said he was a jerk :D You don't wall someone a wänker in an American TV series... :lol: 

My favourite episode is 'Training Day' ... I literally have to wear waterproof pants if I watch it. It's just cringe city!! :hide:  :lol:

I have no idea what that's going to be about... :D Looking forward to it! Just watched the second episode and there was a similar one made in the States. Although to a different degree... David's friend Chris

had made a picture of David as a woman, having sex with men, and he was upset with everyone and made a big deal out of it until he found out that it was made by his 'friend'. In the American version, the boss's friend took a dump on the floor of his office, and the boss was suspecting everyone of course, and he was so unhappy to think that the employees didn't think of him as a friend as he'd like them to, and then it turned out it was his friend's prank and it was all good again :D 

I've worked in an office (several times) .. it wasn't like The Office at all .. sadly .. or maybe happily :lol:  '

:lol: I would love an office romance :blush::lol: 

Edited by frankie

Rewatching Season 1 of Community. I see why I didn't immediately think Abed was attractive (I have the biggest crush on Danny Pudi since season 2) - he was a bit too childlike/awkwardly odd in early season 1 as opposed to his own confident brand of quirky. He is still, however, gorgeous  :blush2:  :wub:

Just started Man in the High Tower. It's based on the Philip King. Dick novel. So far, so good.

I'm glad you like it! Have you read the book? I saw the first episode and thought it was a little too violent for me.

I haven't read the book, but the show definitely has me interested.

The book (my first PKD) is great, one of his best! I didn't see how the show mirrored it though, I guess it's loosely based on?

Just watched the Golden State Warriors lose the NBA championship :( I'm not a LeBron James fan at all! Hated seeing Cleveland win- grrr!

Edited by Anna Begins

Watching several more or less at the same time.  Alternating. :) 

Back to Vera, just starting the 4th season.  Really love the convoluted storylines.

We watched Veep, the first two seasons.  And....while it is funny as all get out, the F-Bomb seems to be their favorite word.  It really gets irritating, and goodness knows I'm no shrinking violet when it comes to cussing.  The first two seasons were free with Amazon Prime, and I can't justify paying to see the rest.

Also watching the last, I think 4th, season of Torchwood.  It's good, but a bit hard to take, at least in bingeing form. 

Watched several episodes of Suspect.  Interesting, and almost documentary style crime series.  I like it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspects_(TV_series)  In looking it up just now, I find it is unscripted.....impressive!

I've started Orange Is The New Black. I've only watched 2 episodes but I like it so far.

Ooh, lucky you! It's an awesome show.

I've been rewatching Veronica Mars...I'm halfway through the second season.

Most recently watched the season finale of Game of Thrones. Epic. Now comes the excruciating wait for the next season!

I've been rewatching Veronica Mars...I'm halfway through the second season.

Is it any good? I bought DVDs of seasons 1 & 2 at a library sale, but I've no idea if it's any good. I presume you like it, otherwise you wouldn't be rewatching it, but please tell me your opinion :).

We're now halfway through season 5 of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas) and we've started to watch Death in Paradise season (series?) 5. I didn't want to wait for my birthday before I could watch the new DiP so I recently caved when I saw the DVD was coming out in the Netherlands and pre-ordered it. So far I'm enjoying this season :).

Is it any good? I bought DVDs of seasons 1 & 2 at a library sale, but I've no idea if it's any good. I presume you like it, otherwise you wouldn't be rewatching it, but please tell me your opinion :).

I think it's excellent. :) Veronica Mars is an awesome character. She's like a cool, modern-day Nancy Drew. She's very sassy and gutsy, and she has a great relationship with her dad. There's a smaller mystery each week (often involving students at Veronica's school) and then larger mysteries that occur over the whole season. I highly recommend it. :D

Just finished the first season of Sleepy Hollow, loving it so far.

Now I am trying to catch if with the last season of Arrow, had to leave off watching the last episode of DC legends because then went back to 2016 but I am sure I know what is going on because I have already watched the whole of the last season of Flash. 

Never get to watch them as they are happening as too busy. But I catch up eventually.

I think it's excellent. :) Veronica Mars is an awesome character. She's like a cool, modern-day Nancy Drew. She's very sassy and gutsy, and she has a great relationship with her dad. There's a smaller mystery each week (often involving students at Veronica's school) and then larger mysteries that occur over the whole season. I highly recommend it. :D

Thanks, that's good to hear :D.

I just found North by Northwest on TV, so I'm watching the last hour of that. Then I'll switch to the election coverage (we voted in our federal election today) and later I'll be watching the start of the Tour de France.

In celebration of Olivia de Havilland's 100th birthday, I'm watching Gone With the Wind.

Pixie, I do enjoy a good hour spent watching Father Brown!

:D  It`s a pity they only make 10 or so Father Brown eps a year.

I remember seeing Gone with the Wind at the cinema when I was a teenager ( there was a cinema which showed old films ; I also saw Dial M for Murder there ) - there was an intermission, `cos the film was sooo long. :)