Tennis

supergran71

Thought your kiss-of-death had taken its toll when she dropped the first set, but alas she thankfully saw it through. Let's see if she can at least give Serena a decent match, even if Serena does look in such ominously ruthless form..

I have to say, Laura Robson is without a doubt becoming my favourite player to watch. It's refreshing to see such young talent performing well (Keys, Tomic, Lisicki..) and our Laura is right up there battling with them and breaking records as she goes. So well deserved. Plus.. she's British too - madness! I'm not used to having someone other than Murray to patriotically cheer for! :giggle:

The potential Murray/Djokovic (as it was always expected, really..) final is mouth-watering. I can't wait for the second week now..

Edited by Ben

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought your kiss-of-death had taken its toll when she dropped the first set, but alas she thankfully saw it through.

:D Yes, thankfully I left the room for a while and she pulled herself back together. Keys is out now I think .. but Sloane Stephens is still in. Thought Kvitova was on the way too but she rallied (haha .. :D).

What can anyone do against Serena? .. she's a machine. They have nothing to lose I suppose and will have the crowd advantage I imagine. Still .. tough ask.

Laura is doing brilliantly, I just wish she'd be more consistent on serve .. it's such a strong part of her game when it's firing. Tough few days for her though having to play continually.

Andy is looking so strong .. hardly had us biting our nails at all .. hope that lasts :)

Serena stands way above others with her strong serve and "Aces" are the norm. However, Lisicki also has a very strong serve and one never knows. I think, at the least, she will put up a very strong game.

I've just got home to the news that Laura lost :(, but that Sabine won!!!! So pleased for her - hope I can catch the highlights later on. :smile2:

Oh, and Andy's taken the first set in his match too! :D

Edited by chesilbeach

Not sure how he took that second set but once he had it the game was all over. Good win in the end, but not still not shifting out of second or third gear for me. Whisper it, but Djokovic looks in better form to me.. though that won't count for much when the (probable) final rolls around.

Delighted for Sabine, never thought she could challenge that much but really hope she goes on and wins it. Would be a shame if she's one of those giant-killers that topples out next round as we've seen quite often this year. So unhappy that Laura has lost, but she's had a great tournament and has shown her true potential. Definitely onwards and upwards for her.

Looking forward to the rest of the tournament, it's been great so far..

Edited by Ben

Marion Bartoli is interesting .. I'm fascinated by her and all her Muhammad Ali type shuffles and high kicks in between points. Very entertaining.

Yay! .. Sabine through to the semi's .. brilliant :)

... and she's gone :D

Aggie played fantastically well today but hope she doesn't win against Sabine. For one thing I haven't forgiven her yet for that terrible final she made me sit through last year :D Mad Marion is through too .. not a crowd favourite it seems but she's a bit different. Would like to see a Lisicki v Bartoli final .. be something quite special I think with Sabine winning comfortably .. but not one-sidedly :D

Feeling nervous about tomorrow but have every faith in Andy :)

I do hate the way some players don't wait for their opponent before walking off court.  Never used to be that way.  There should be a rule :yes:

Have to say, I loved seeing the McEnroe brothers playing McNamara and McNamee last night.  Such good fun, and a reminder of the days when I really loved tennis :D

Comment from the BBC website:

"A suggestion from Ed Lucas via Twitter that there should be a gap between matches of half an hour or so to allow punters "to get drinks and nipples ready". I'm assuming he means nibbles, but these big matches do make you tense - each to their own."

:giggle2:

:lol: Brilliant.

So Murray's lost the first set against Verdasco (and his first of the tournament) but a break up 3-1 in the second. That's better..