The injured seven

• Victoria Azarenka - knee
  • Steve Darcis - shoulder
  • John Isner - left knee
  • Radek Stepanek - hamstring
  • Marin Cilic - left knee
  • Yaroslava Shvedova - right arm
  • Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - left knee

So refreshing to see someone playing serve and volley (or, as I like to call it, 'proper tennis' :giggle2:  ).  I reckon these top players are so busy prancing around on the baseline they've forgotten how to play against that style.  Hope Stakhovsky goes a lot further  :D

Well, the tough half of the draw isn't looking so tough for Murray anymore :smile:

I take it back about not needing ear protectors after hearing the noise the girl playing Sharapova was making :rolleyes:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Will probably be a Murray/Djokovic final..

I'm all for upsets but there's been too many too early, and the amount of withdrawals is awful to hear about.

She played well, didn't she?  And she was so sweet with the fans afterwards :smile: 

I really like her .. she's a delight. Would love to see her win :) (sorry about Ana by the way .. another year of disappointment for you :D)

Can't believe five players have had to retire today!  Just seen Tsonga's pulled out as well.

Yes .. one way or another they're dropping like flies. Very sad to see Jo-Wilfried go though .. love watching him (play :D)

So refreshing to see someone playing serve and volley (or, as I like to call it, 'proper tennis' :giggle2:  ).  I reckon these top players are so busy prancing around on the baseline they've forgotten how to play against that style.  Hope Stakhovsky goes a lot further  :D

Well, the tough half of the draw isn't looking so tough for Murray anymore :smile:

I take it back about not needing ear protectors after hearing the noise the girl playing Sharapova was making :rolleyes:

Yes .. grunting in stereo .. very unpleasant.

Loved watching Stakhovsky and also Dustin Brown ... very exciting players.

I'm not sorry to see Nadal or Federer go (except Nadal was obviously injured and that's always sad to see) but Novak is still the massive threat (not to mention scores of others who quite rightly fancy their chances now .. Del Potro for example .. Berdych and Gasquet). It looks good for Andy but then it looks good for all of them. I suspect there are a few more that fancy getting in on some giant killing as well.

I do think they were a bit tough on Roger re his shoes :D Honestly last year they didn't bat an eyelid at Serena's massive purple pants (which Alan said you could beam films onto :D) and she also had a wide purple headband and wristband. I can't see that Roger's soles were any more colourful (percentagewise) than that. However, if that made him cross and put him off his stride a bit then I'm very grateful ;) Do hope he didn't pay out a massive amount for a new celebration suit.

(sorry about Ana by the way .. another year of disappointment for you :D)

It would help if she could get the ball over the net, I suppose  :rolleyes: :lol:

Guess I have to support Lisicki now.  Guarantees she won't make it to next week :doh:  :D

The official line is that there's not and certainly Leyton Hewitt (even after losing) said he could perceive no difference to previous years. It's always slippery at the beginning of the tournament but some players are just not adjusting well from the hard courts. It's sad to see anyone hurt themselves but it's the same conditions for all of them so clearly some are coping fine with it.

Yes, I'm putting the poppyshake kiss of death on Lisicki as well Steve :D she doesn't stand an earthly now :D

Just catching up with the tennis - GO LAURA!!!! :smile2:

Now watching Lisicki, got a bit nervous when she lost the first set, but she's just taken the second, so fingers crossed she can wrap it up now.  Isn't nice to watch a women's singles game with no ridiculous squealing! :lol: