Tennis

supergran71

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know until I got home from France :boogie: I put teletext on this morning and it didn't come up on sports headlines and so I thought Novak had probably won. Went on facebook this evening and there was a lovely pic of him with the trophy. Am so pleased ... it will be such a boost to him. It might not make winning Wimbledon any easier but it has taken away that first slam pressure. He can really build on this :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

'The US Open champion came through a five-set thriller to face Novak Djokovic in tomorrow’s final but after Murray hit a forehand winner while serving for the fourth set, the surly Swiss superstar approached the net and shouted: “F***ing stop it”.

The BBC had to apologise on air for the language of tennis’ greatest ever player who has long enjoyed a reputation for spotless behaviour.'

Yeah .. just as I thought .. he's not as gentlemanly as he makes out (probably had had a suit made and was peeved :D)

Well done Andy! just one more obstacle left (but it is a rather large obstacle sadly :D) but anyway .. you can do it!!

:rolleyes::lol:

Hope Murray does it tomorrow. Won't be watching it, though - the US Open final was one of the most boring matches I've ever seen.

ETA: Oh for the return of serve and volley!

Edited by Karsa Orlong

'The US Open champion came through a five-set thriller to face Novak Djokovic in tomorrow’s final but after Murray hit a forehand winner while serving for the fourth set, the surly Swiss superstar approached the net and shouted: “F***ing stop it”.

The BBC had to apologise on air for the language of tennis’ greatest ever player who has long enjoyed a reputation for spotless behaviour.'

Yeah .. just as I thought .. he's not as gentlemanly as he makes out (probably had had a suit made and was peeved :D)

Well done Andy! just one more obstacle left (but it is a rather large obstacle sadly :D) but anyway .. you can do it!!

Lol...yeh I heard about that too, in fact at one point I thought you could actually see him swearing! Naughty....glad he is oot. Too big for his trainers sometimes...lol.

And yes I will be watching, alarm set for tomorrow morning.....GO ANDY :doowapstart::jump::clapping:

Was actually really disappointed in Andy, wasn't really at the races. I know people are saying it might have been a different story if he'd have taken the second too, but Novak was in sensational form. What an achievement to win it three times in a row, but I'm looking forward to a cracking rivalry between them two over the course of 2013.

Not to mention the return of Nadal soon. Will likely take him time to get back into things, but it'll be interesting to have him thrown in the mix..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Disappointing. :( I know some people don't like him but I'd rather see a tougher last few rounds with better matches. Darcis played well, and deserved it in the end, but he won't do well in the latter stages. Well, he might, but I doubt it..

Silver lining: one of the major contenders is down already for Murray - more than he could have hoped for. He looked very comfortable today against Becker (I was mildly surprised Benjamin didn't push him a bit further as he took him to a tie-breaker at Queens) and moved well on the court. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on with the rest of the competition.

Also, a quick congratulations to Tsonga, who's always a favourite, and Hewitt who I love seeing win at Wimbledon. Wawrinka has been in great form recently too, so although I didn't actually see it that's a cracking result from Lleyton.

I love Wimbledon. :smile2:

I know, a bit of a shock! but I guess it can happen to anyone.

I don't actually like his style of play, myself, but after the French I was half expecting him to win Wimbledon.  Now I'm wondering if he'll ever win it again, with his knee problems etc  :shrug:

Yes Laura was excellent .. hope she can go much further. Also enjoyed seeing Sabine Lisicki again. Fingers crossed for Andy tomorrow, Nadal has gone but Djokovic and Federer both look to be in great form (but then .. so does Andy). Is there anyone though that can trouble Serena?

Wimbledon in the sunshine .. it's bliss isn't it? 

Laura's going to beat Serena after she's seen off some of the others. Then we're going to have two British winners of Wimbledon in one year. *cranks up the hype machine* :D

Also enjoyed seeing Sabine Lisicki again.

She played well, didn't she?  And she was so sweet with the fans afterwards :smile: 

I see Azarenka's pulled out.  My ears are thankful :giggle2: 

Crikey, Darcis has pulled out, too.

ETA:  . . . and there goes Ana for another year :rolleyes:

Edited by Karsa Orlong