Tennis

supergran71

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to say ... amongst all those words :D that I watched the womens final in 3D .. weirdly they started it about 20mins in but still .. it was brilliant but very surreal .. we kept ducking :D (I almost know what it's like to receive one of Serena's serves now :o)

Alas, I wasn't at home for the mens final so didn't get to see it in 3D. Looking forward to some other sporting highlights but haven't got Sky 3D so are only able to see the stuff the BBC puts on.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a tall order ... Djokovic is looking good again, the weather looks as if it might be a closed roof situation which doesn't favour Andy .. but yes in a best of three set situation anything can happen :D and then what? Is it Roger again? :banghead:

Just read that Roger is quoted as saying 'I'm playing my best. I don’t know if you can play any better' :banghead::censored::banghead:

Edited by poppyshake

Guaranteed silver, not too shabby. I might even support him this time :giggle2:

I haven't actually been watching any of the tennis, though, or football - too many other sports to see that I don't usually watch, when there's plenty of tennis and footy on the rest of the year :smile:

Yay .. well done Andy :DNow for Roger .. well Del Potro nearly put him away, so anything can happen :) Bet Roger has already had something embroidered though :D .. let's hope he's wasted his money.

And who was it that said that Andy couldn't beat Rafa/Roger/Novak .. when it really counted? :D Well he's knocked one of them down in an Olympic contest ... give that man a medal .. oh, they will won't they :)

And who was it that said that Andy couldn't beat Rafa/Roger/Novak .. when it really counted? :D

Oh no, you're not dragging me into that again :D But, to quote myself: "I don't think Murray can beat the big three 'when it matters'. Over three sets, fine. Over five, in a slam, not at the moment", so you're only half quoting me :P

Oh no, you're not dragging me into that again :D But, to quote myself: "I don't think Murray can beat the big three 'when it matters'. Over three sets, fine. Over five, in a slam, not at the moment", so you're only half quoting me :P

Oh I always half quote people to suit myself .. you've surely noticed that by now :D

Whoever it was that decided that Olympic tennis matches should be best of three ought to be knighted .. less time for the big guns to try out all their gamesmanship and mind bending and whatnot. Roger is a bit like a stubborn stain though .. reckon it will take elbow grease and a lot of swearing to get rid of him.

Charming :rolleyes:

You know I didn't mean it .. I was being Mr T :)

I've never been so delighted to be proved wrong :D :D

... still only three sets, though :giggle2:

No it wasn't, no it wasn't :Tantrum: .. you're changing stuff now. It was best of five .. only he didn't need the extra two.

Oh I'll never have to listen to the words 'when it matters' again .. I could sing :23_sing:

• 1 month later...

Phew...stayed up to watch Andy Murray in USA tennis last night, down in first set and 5-1 down in second then stepped up a gear and won in 4 sets....ya beauty....go Andy. :D Bit sad too though Andy Roddick bowing out of tennis for good last night. :blush2:

I didn't see it but too close for comfort .. was always going to be a tough match though and he did well to turn it around (shows he's not a panicker) Who's he got now? *toddles off to look it up* .. ooh Tomas Berdych .. that's going to be tough .. he's just beaten Roger :o .. yay!! :D

I turned it off when Murray was 5-1 down in the second set. When I turned it back on he was serving for the third set and I thought 'oh, he's going to get one set back', then I looked at the score and had to doublecheck it :lol:

Was exhaustd watching the Berdych match, thought he was going to have to go to 5 sets. Glad he made it in four, not easty though. Do not disturb tomorrow night....9pm....go Murray :doowapstart: