Your Book Activity - October 2013

Kylie

Still reading, suffering along with Livia.  She was a fascinating woman, I wish the book was.  /sigh/ :)  I'm about half way through.

How pitiful that a fascinating woman doesn't get the fascinating and riveting portrayal she deserves :(

I have about 20 pages to finish Romeo & Juliet.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, now started Rendezvous With Rama by Arthur C. Clarke.

I loved Rendezvous.. I hope you'll like it too.

I'm reading Ulysses by James Joyce at the moment because my copy of The Book Thief is still missing (the library sent me the italian version, but I want to read the english one) so I'm still waiting. Well Joyce is really good at keeping company, anyway.

I agree.  I know I'll write a review, so I have to actually finish.  It won't be pretty............ :sleeping-smiley-009

:empathy:   But it might be fun getting it out of your system :giggle2:

Finished Romeo and Juliet, I can't believe it's taken me this long to pluck up the courage to read it :rolleyes::D

Started reading Bridget Jones - Mad About the Boy, and I'm loving it :D

The old mojo is revving :D .. I'm very happy to hear it :friends0: 

Mojo and me are as thick as thieves nowadays... :D Hm, I hope by 'thick' they don't mean we're stupid. I've never realised that before. Darn! :D

The Bridget Jones is goood... I had a hard time reading it in bed last night, I was in stitches but I tried to keep it quiet, I didn't want to disturb the neighbors :D

I'm glad the Bridget Jones book was worth the wait, Frankie. :) One of my favourite memories of you visiting me is of hearing your laughter throughout the house while you read Freaky Friday and Stiff (and probably others that I don't remember right now). :D 

I'm glad the Bridget Jones book was worth the wait, Frankie. :) One of my favourite memories of you visiting me is of hearing your laughter throughout the house while you read Freaky Friday and Stiff (and probably others that I don't remember right now). :D

Definitely worth the wait and the money! :) I feel so giddy, my mojo and me are party partying! :D Heheh I remember thinking you must think I'm a real creepy weirdo when I'm laughing out loud, reading about corpses :blush::giggle:

Having a hard time with The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton .. need to go back and start again as none of it is sticking (only 800 pages long .. merely a short story :giggle:) Feel I will love it .. if I can just get to grips with it :blush2: Not easy .. hope it rewards me :smile2: 

Definitely worth the wait and the money! :) I feel so giddy, my mojo and me are party partying! :D Heheh I remember thinking you must think I'm a real creepy weirdo when I'm laughing out loud, reading about corpses :blush::giggle:

I'm glad you and your mojo are partying. :D

If I had gotten scared of you, I could always have armed myself with a picture of Shel Silverstein to ward you off. ;)

Starting Yes Man by Danny Wallace today.

Yay! :D I hope you like it, and I hope you find it suitable for your youngster, too :) Verrry inspirational :)

I'm glad you and your mojo are partying. :D

We ought to pick you and your mojo up and do a little clubbing the four of us!

If I had gotten scared of you, I could always have armed myself with a picture of Shel Silverstein to ward you off. ;)

That is true .. :lurker:  That scary sonoma... man! :giggle:

I only have about 140 pages left of Bridget Jones, I'm dreading finishing the book :(

Edited by frankie

Started reading Bridget Jones - Mad About the Boy, and I'm loving it :D

x

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I've got about 300-400 pages to go in IT. I've read some more on the Kindle in the weight loss book, but not anymore in the time management book. My reading has been a little bit slow sometimes the past few days, due to my birthday etc. I was hoping to have IT finished before the read-a-thon but I'm not sure if it'll happen.

We ought to pick you and your mojo up and do a little clubbing the four of us!

Sure! If you don't mind me dancing like this:  :exc:

That is true .. :lurker:  That scary sonoma... man! :giggle:

:giggle:  Poor Shel. He is such a lovely guy! Hmm, I will have to go searching for some nice pics to send you.  ;)

I only have about 140 pages left of Bridget Jones, I'm dreading finishing the book :(

Aww. :( I look forward to reading your review.

I've picked up We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, which I actually started reading over a year ago! :o Luckily I remember what I had read, and I have gotten into it a bit faster this time around (the darn thing is only about 200 pages long—I can't believe it has taken so long to read!)

I started to read The Plague by Albert Camus on the train yesterday. Its a little slow going in places but I am really liking it so far.

Camus's The Plague is one of my favourite books :smile:, and it is a 'slow burner' type of book, but is one that stayed in my mind for a long time. I hope you enjoy it, as is worth the effort in the end.

And finally I have my copy of The Book Thief.. seems so "yummy" I think I'll eat it instead of read it. Already read 20 pages on my way home from the library :readingtwo:

I can't wait for this evening: a cup of lemon tea, the soft quilt mom made me and this book. Life can be simply perfect sometimes. :cat: