What are you listening to? - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my most favorite songs this year. I heard this many times at the office (listening to radio on cell phone). It held my head together at times and gave me strength! :D

Funny thing is, when I heard this, I figured it was some black guy in his 50s or 60s. Then I googled and saw it was a young white guy. The voice just doesn't seem to fit his physicality :o And I heard the radio people say the same thing.

One of my most favorite songs this year. I heard this many times at the office (listening to radio on cell phone). It held my head together at times and gave me strength! :D

Funny thing is, when I heard this, I figured it was some black guy in his 50s or 60s. Then I googled and saw it was a young white guy. The voice just doesn't seem to fit his physicality :o And I heard the radio people say the same thing.

Great song :)

Here's another whose voice and looks don't match :D Great video.

Great Mark Knopfler songs .. love him :)

This is for you poppy .. I know you don't like The Beatles but do like this song .. here it is performed by two gorgeously talented people .. hope you like it (Corinne .. so beautiful .. it's like butter melting in your ear .. but less painful :D)

A definite mismatch :D And a great video indeed. I've never heard of him, is he new or am I just uneducated :D

He's not particularly new (though 2010 so newish) .. but there's no reason why you should have heard of him. He's into film directing now and acts a bit .. but I haven't seen any of it so I can't comment :blush2: 

Me and you used to be like brothers

on the nights we got drunk to each other

you know we used to have somewhere

It ended up in a **** Filled sandpit

we come from across the border

We drink the six mile water

This mongrel needs a new home.

This is for you poppy .. I know you don't like The Beatles but do like this song .. here it is performed by two gorgeously talented people .. hope you like it (Corinne .. so beautiful .. it's like butter melting in your ear .. but less painful :D)

Oh thank you PoppyS, that's absolutely gorgeous :kissing:  :hug: 

I really don't dislike all Beatles songs at all and this one I just love. It has very poignant memories attached for me. When my middle son was 7 months old he needed major surgery, it was a very scary time. It was winter, I was a long way from home and I used to look out into the hospital grounds and hear a blackbird singing. And I'd hum this song to myself, it sort of became something to hold on to.

He's not particularly new (though 2010 so newish) .. but there's no reason why you should have heard of him. He's into film directing now and acts a bit .. but I haven't seen any of it so I can't comment :blush2: 

Oh, okay :) It's the kind of music I don't normally listen to... It's very rare for me to discover new bands/singers, I usually do so by getting recommendations from people who know my tastes. But working at the office, I could (and sometimes did) listen to the radio all day long and discovered some great new things. I don't normally listen to the radio so that was a big change.

Oh thank you PoppyS, that's absolutely gorgeous :kissing:  :hug: 

I really don't dislike all Beatles songs at all and this one I just love. It has very poignant memories attached for me. When my middle son was 7 months old he needed major surgery, it was a very scary time. It was winter, I was a long way from home and I used to look out into the hospital grounds and hear a blackbird singing. And I'd hum this song to myself, it sort of became something to hold on to.

That is the most beautiful reason to like a song I have ever heard :friends0: Glad you liked the version poppy :) 

Oh, okay :) It's the kind of music I don't normally listen to... It's very rare for me to discover new bands/singers, I usually do so by getting recommendations from people who know my tastes. But working at the office, I could (and sometimes did) listen to the radio all day long and discovered some great new things. I don't normally listen to the radio so that was a big change.

I don't often listen to the radio either but have lately and have heard some great new things and triggered some good memories too :) .. but despite being quite a fan of book silliness .. I hate DJ silliness .. and if they've been chatting frivel (that should have been drivel but I quite like frivel :D) for more than two minutes I turn it off :giggle: