What are you listening to? - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am listening to 'Any Questions' on radio 4 while also listening to my own compilation cd which has all sorts on it..... ZZTop/ she's got legs [a great track but does make me think of a spider!] Rolling Stones/ get offa ma cloud, Billy Swann/ I can help, REM/what's the frequency Kenneth?REM / the great beyond[pushing an elephant up the stairs.] REM/night swimming, Duffy/I'm a dreamer , some Mumford And Sons tracks, David Grey, Simply Red, Queen/don't stop me now and /we will rock you. Also Roy Orbison/ I drove all night/blue bayou/pretty woman, Marvin Gaye/heard it on the grapevine, Otis Reading/sitting in the dock of the bay,Boston/more of a feeling, and many others, all real feelgood stuff! :smile:

I like a lot of those bands too gardengirl :)

Some great tracks there gardengirl :smile: 

Never get tired of listening/watching this ..

Love this one too.

BEEP BEEP - The Playmates

Funny :D (but hey, aren't they driving on the wrong side???? :icon_eek:;)  )

Edited by poppy

This morning I have my Paulo Nutini cd on, 'Sunny Side Up'  all great tracks. I usually listen to my own compilations as I like  to hear different sorts of music on one cd but this Nutini cd is very good.If you don't know him, he is a young Scot  of Italian ancestry [there are lots in Scotland.]he sounds like a 45 year old but is in his 20's surprisingly!he writes his own stuff as well.Then I will next play my Eddy Grant greatest hits compilation[ reggae type music] Gimme Hope Jo'anna, Electric Avenue,I don't Wanna Dance, Baby Come back etc.]This cd gets the house work done as I power around the house in time to the music!

:o  :o  :o .. I've never thought of that before :hide: 

Some great tracks there gardengirl :smile: 

Never get tired of listening/watching this ..

I remember seeing this when it was on and telling everyone about it the next day.  Brilliant stuff  :smile:

This morning I have my Paulo Nutini cd on, 'Sunny Side Up'  all great tracks. I usually listen to my own compilations as I like  to hear different sorts of music on one cd but this Nutini cd is very good.If you don't know him, he is a young Scot  of Italian ancestry [there are lots in Scotland.]he sounds like a 45 year old but is in his 20's surprisingly!he writes his own stuff as well.

Hi gg! :smile:

I looooooooove Paolo Nutini! :wub: He's very handsome! I have both of his albums. He is so talented! What's your favorite song of his?

Edited by cuppycakes

Leonard gets the top billing most times in my book! His melancholy yet melodious tones get me every time!

In my car just now I was both listening to, and singing word perfectly to a Madonna song that I hate, but for the life of me I can't remember it's name. All I know is that's an early one with deeply meaningless lyrics. :blush2:  Could be any I guess! :giggle2:

Leonard gets the top billing most times in my book! His melancholy yet melodious tones get me every time!

I read that Cohen, in the early 2000's,  after battling depression most of his life .....

for no apparent reason, the veil of depression lifted. For the first time in his life, Cohen sighed, looked out on the world and felt at peace with it.

'There was just a certain sweetness to daily life that began asserting itself. I remember sitting in the corner of my kitchen, which has a window overlooking the street. I saw the sunlight that shines on the chrome fenders of the cars, and thought, "Gee, that's pretty."

'I said to myself, "Wow, this must be like everybody feels." Life became not easier but simpler. The backdrop of self-analysis I had lived with disappeared. It's like that joke: "When you're hitting your head against a brick wall, it feels good when it stops".'

In my car just now I was both listening to, and singing word perfectly to a Madonna song that I hate, but for the life of me I can't remember it's name. All I know is that's an early one with deeply meaningless lyrics. :blush2:  Could be any I guess! :giggle2:

That's my girl!! :D The only difference between you and me is that I would've immediately changed the station :negative: