What are you listening to? - 2013

Lilywhite

My rap mix tape from the 90s :cool: (Funny thing is, most of it's hiphop or R&B, but I didn't know the difference back then :D)

I still don't :giggle:

Rainy old melancholy day .. so for cheering up purposes ;)

.. I'm going to wallow in melancholy after all :blush2: 

.. actually the video really cheered me up :giggle2:  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has any1 heard  Lorde - Royals (US Version), beautiful song i think (and its not often i have 1 of them!)

Lorde is a New Zealander so she's been all over our news, TV, radio......so yes :D She got to no. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in USA,  she's done pretty well.

Somebody posted this on the 90s radio show fansite on FB last night... I haven't heard this in 15 years or so, what a flashback. Awful song, awful video :D But liked it as a kid.

And the lyrics? Tsikitantsikititantantanke tumpantanke tumpanke tepe tepe tampantanke tumpanke teee :D (that's what it sounds like to a Finn)

And the lyrics? Tsikitantsikititantantanke tumpantanke tumpanke tepe tepe tampantanke tumpanke teee :D (that's what it sounds like to a Finn)

Frankie, I know this isn't relevant to this thread, so I hope no one growls at me, but I just wanted to say how much I'm impressed by your impeccable English. There is no way of telling it's not your first language. It really puts some of our education systems to shame. There were a couple of Finns on another forum I belonged to and they were just the same. What I find most surprising is your ability to understand plays on words and subtle humour in English, which is not easy when it's not your native language.  I think you're very clever. :D

By golly, I'm quite speechless now, I certainly didn't expect a post like that in this thread when I came in! :D I thank you kindly, you've made my day :giggle: We do have a pretty good educational system, and the fact that we start studying English when we are 8-9 years old also factors in, naturally. And all the American and British (and nowadays also Australian) TV series we have are a great help, too. I dare say a lot of my vocabulary and expressions come from watching TV.

Languages are just a personal interest of mine, I love playing with words in Finnish, too :) (Not to mention that I study English at a uni.)

I thought this would be perfect for a Friday morning :)

Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks

This is a very nice song by Canadian singer Terry Jacks that was a worldwide hit in 1974. He also sang under the name The Poppy Family.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poppy_Family where he and his wife had a top song hit called Which Way You Going Billy

Edited by muggle not

I did some 'forced shopping' today and was in a really bad mood when I was walking home, but then they played this on the radio. I haven't heard the song in ages, it was a big hit back when I was a teenager. Still a great tune. Made me step oh so lightly, and groovily, the rest of the way home :D (Good thing it was dark :D)