What are you listening to? - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to Planet Rock on the way home from work tonight. The DJ, Darren Redick, is a massive Rush fan, and got to interview Eric Lifeson live on air. It was very amusing to listen to a grown man trying to conduct a sensible interview while wanting to scream like a teenage girl! 

Not a massive Rush fan, but it was a great interview

Edited by ian

Best Canadian band ever :cool:

Crash Test Dummies!  It's been ages since I've listened to them.  I saw them in concert, Frankie, and they are really good live.  It's funny to think about it now, but Elvis Costello opened for them.  I would have thought it'd be the other way around, I guess!

Right now I'm listening to the soundtrack to the movie 'Pitch Perfect.'  Never ever get tired of it! :D

One of the forum members :) brought up the subject of "Harp" music so I thought I would post one of the greatest performances in history, as thought by many.

Sonny Terry, born in 1911, lost sight in both eyes as a child working in the tobacco fields and subsequently took up playing the Harp on street corners in Raleigh, North Carolina. Brownie McGhee, born in 1913, had polio as a child and one leg grew shorter that the other, he started out as a child playing the guitar, frequently at tent revivals. Brownie went on to become one of the great Blues Guitarist. They joined together as a duo in 1941 and became one of the great Blues duos. During the performance of "Blues for the Lowlands" Brownie teased Sonny by saying "Do It Right  Now" and Sonny proceeded to play, during the performance, what many consider to be the greatest "Run" of Harp music in history. Take a listen.

http://youtu.be/ZfpqD88IxSg

Edited by muggle not