The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises (over the last few nights). 

It's the first time I've seen the latter and I found it a bit of an anti-climax after The Dark Knight (it didn't hold together very well and it all seemed a bit half-arsed). 

Overall, I think I'd score the films 4, 5 and 3½.

^ I have to agree on that, Raven.

We saw a few Studio Ghibli films and a Futurama film, Bender's Big Score. I believe that's all the films we saw during our holidays in the UK. I really enjoyed all of them.

We went to the cinema twice, once to see Monsters University and once to see Dispicable Me 2. I liked both but thought Dispicable Me 2 was a bit childish and over the top at times, overall I prefer Monsters University (that was excellent).

Edited by Athena

I've just watched 2 guns and it was Great. Denzel and Mark were funny and Olomos and Bill Paxton were good too.

Great Casting.

Edited by dex

I just watched Elysium it was quite good, apart from Jodie Fosters and the (No Hitting) Sairth Africairn bad guys accent. (someone at work said, star trek script.) but then as everyone knows, There are no original stories.

I don't think I've ever watched that all the way through, Steve. Must add it to my list. I've always loved him (and Chevy Chase and Martin Short) in The Three Amigos:blush2:  And Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was an old fave as well.

Watched one of my absolute favourites yesterday, The Philadelphia Story (plus the last hour again on the +1 channel! :lol:), and this afternoon 10 Things I Hate About You and Shakespeare in Love were on in the background while I was doing other things, but was able to keep up with them, and look up at the good bits. :giggle2:)

Edited by chesilbeach

Watched Lincoln. Thought it was excellent. I knew next to nothing about Lincoln but Daniel Day Lewis portrayed him exactly as I imagined he'd be. I loved how witty Lincoln was and his great sense of humour. He wasn't above a bit of bribery to get his abolition of slavery bill through and his background as a lawyer certainly helped. I liked him very much as a person and he reminded me somewhat of Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird.