The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally watched Skyfall and it was amazing. Exceeded every expectation I had for it. 

I really want to see Man of Steel, but I doubt I will before it leaves the theatres. Gonna have to wait until it's out on DVD. I have heard it's good though. 

Red 2, Watchable, Funny but not Hysterical (as someone behind me thought) Used the car trick from a film Willis spent about 10 mins in (cold light of day) (You may Curse me, Just don't quote me.) Helen Mirren, Underused. Anthony Hopkins, Great, Doing Mad Scientist/ Hannibal. Bleep Brian Cox, Who's almost as bad as Willis for turning up everywhere as a russian smuggler, but he is funny.

The World's End

Very funny and enjoyable. Better than Hot Fuzz.

x

Excellent news! I might go and see it in the cinema while I'm on holidays (although it'll be a bit difficult without subtitles). Will have to see how tired I will etc.

I really like that film!

Yesterday we watched Watchmen. It was quite long (we have the Director's Cut Blu-ray) and the first half an hour I was confused but after that I thought it was really good :).

Watched The Host last night. Verdict: Brilliant! :D Incredible film!

I enjoyed it too though not as much as the book..

Just watched Free Samples, bit of an indie movie which are often my favourites.. Was very simple but very good. :)

Red 2, Watchable, Funny but not Hysterical (as someone behind me thought) Used the car trick from a film Willis spent about 10 mins in (cold light of day) (You may Curse me, Just don't quote me.) Helen Mirren, Underused. Anthony Hopkins, Great, Doing Mad Scientist/ Hannibal. Bleep Brian Cox, Who's almost as bad as Willis for turning up everywhere as a russian smuggler, but he is funny.

We loved Red 2, saw it yesterday afternoon.  The car thing was magnificent.  Loved it when HM said....."show me something". 

Yesterday we watched Watchmen. It was quite long (we have the Director's Cut Blu-ray) and the first half an hour I was confused but after that I thought it was really good :).

Yeah, I was really surprised by how good that film was :smile:

The only 'one screen' theatre left in New Orleans, The Prytania, is having a French Film Festival this week.  Today (Saturday) we went over and managed two of them, a double feature. :)

First off we saw Lola (1961) with Anouk Aimee.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_(1961_film) It was a beautiful print, which is pretty amazing, as the original negative was destroyed in a fire. 

Next we watched one of the most layered, and interesting films I've ever had the pleasure of watching. http://movies.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/movies/you-aint-seen-nothin-yet-by-alain-resnais.html?_r=0   You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet, directed by Alain Resnais. 

I've watched Pacific Rim a few days ago.

Even for a film about giant mechs fighting giant monsters it's not very good. The 3D effects where very blurry, the fighting unimaginative, and the plot had more holes then a sieve. I wouldn't recommend it.