What's up in January

Lilywhite

When I flew to England, I remember thinking I was *never* going to do a long flight again (I'm over it now, though). It was even worse because I got motion sickness before we were even halfway there. Argh. :( Next time I will take sleeping pills and hopefully sleep through the whole flight.

Have you posted a pic of this elsewhere? If not, can you please post a pic or a link to a pic. I wanna see the pretty Kobo cover (please)!

I flew to Los Angeles via stop-off in New Jersey - airtime clocked was about 13 hours, plus waiting time in New Jersey between flights. By the time I got to Los Angeles, I was exhausted!

And Kylie, this is my Kobo cover. I got the purple one, so check out the picture of the purple one. It's luuuuuuuurvely.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longest I've flown is from Minneapolis to London and I think that was about 7-ish hours, so I guess that's nothing compared to some of you, yikes!

I'm sorry you guys have been stuck with the flu, Sofia! That's awful! I keep counting my blessings because I've managed to evade it thus far.

I got my last print hung over the weekend (The Lady of Shalott by Waterhouse - which I bought in London!) so we are officially settled into the new pad. It feels good, and we'll be ready for a big shindig I'm having the last Saturday of the month. I managed to fall hard on the ice with my right knee last weekend though and while it doesn't hurt to walk on it, it's feeling a bit numb on one side so there must be some nerve issues :( Hopefully with icing, it just needs time to heal and will de-swell. All good normal-feeling knee vibes are appreciated! :D

Sorry to hear that your family have been so unwell, Sofia - I hope you all feel better soon. :flowers2:

I got my last print hung over the weekend (The Lady of Shalott by Waterhouse - which I bought in London!)

I managed to fall hard on the ice with my right knee last weekend though and while it doesn't hurt to walk on it, it's feeling a bit numb on one side so there must be some nerve issues :( Hopefully with icing, it just needs time to heal and will de-swell. All good normal-feeling knee vibes are appreciated! :D

I adore the Waterhouse - the colours and the stye are wonderful. I bow to your excellent taste. :smile:

When I read the word icing I immediately saw fondant cake icing and had a "What the heck?" moment. :blush2: I got it now - and am sending many happy knee healing vibes your way. :smile:

Hope you feel better soon Sofia. I had the flu bug over New Year, so you have my deepest sympathies. :friends3:

I have seven more days to work unitl I finally leave my job. I also just sold my first item on Ebay - my old camera, which went for £72. I am really pleased with that, as it will make up for not bring able to work on New Years Day because of the aforementioned flu. :doh:

I adore the Waterhouse - the colours and the stye are wonderful. I bow to your excellent taste. :smile:

When I read the word icing I immediately saw fondant cake icing and had a "What the heck?" moment. :blush2: I got it now - and am sending many happy knee healing vibes your way. :smile:

:D And to you on your excellent taste as well, Chrissy! I Iove that painting so much.

:lol: I just realized that! Can you imagine, a big piece of fondant on my knee? Look! It's a knee AND a cake! Thanks for your good vibes, as always.

Flu. My entire family has been picked off one by one. I was down last week, my daughter this week :(

/groan/ Sorry to hear that Sof. Hope all are mo' bettah verra soon. :friends0:

I managed to fall hard on the ice with my right knee last weekend though and while it doesn't hurt to walk on it, it's feeling a bit numb on one side so there must be some nerve issues :( Hopefully with icing, it just needs time to heal and will de-swell. All good normal-feeling knee vibes are appreciated! :D

Ouch! That's no fun. Ice is wonderful, almost a magical healer. Amazing really.

Sending healing vibes. :D

Bumper delivery day today - my Graze box, and two watches and a book I ordered with some of my Xmas money right before new Year (still waiting for the lat book). :)

Thanks all....am better, and my daughter went back to school today. Thank god, she was driving me insane :giggle2:

Now, take care of yourself as we still have 2 or 3 more months of winter to get through.

Ditto Sofia and Muggle! We just have to make it through March and then we'll be okay, we hope. We've been in the 30's the last couple days and it's to be 38 here today so hopefully the warmth will make it's way west to you guys!

Ditto Sofia and Muggle! We just have to make it through March and then we'll be okay, we hope. We've been in the 30's the last couple days and it's to be 38 here today so hopefully the warmth will make it's way west to you guys!

Cheers to getting through March! :alc:

The fire alarm went off at work today. Twice. Within half an hour.

I'm on the fourth floor. And due to the building being on a hill, theres an extra flight of stairs between the basement and ground floor. It's about ten flights of stairs. Twice. That's essentially 20 flights of stairs, up and down.

sofia and peacefield - it is supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend, wow, and in January!!!!

Wow, that's amazing! It's about that here today and it's the middle of summer (mind you it is raining and it's been hotter, but even so.....) :icon_eek:

7 working days and counting for me.

I'm gonna keep checking :D

Wow, that's amazing! It's about that here today and it's the middle of summer (mind you it is raining and it's been hotter, but even so.....) :icon_eek:

I'm gonna keep checking :D

actually, it is only 2 working days and the last five days will be in the Home Office where it will be play time. :) I will be more or less hosting a Design Summit meeting not to mention the "wine and dining" and the saying goodbyes. :)

Edited by muggle not

The fire alarm went off at work today. Twice. Within half an hour.

I'm on the fourth floor. And due to the building being on a hill, theres an extra flight of stairs between the basement and ground floor. It's about ten flights of stairs. Twice. That's essentially 20 flights of stairs, up and down.

When I was pregnant with my son I worked on the 8th floor. We'd have a fire alarm at least once a week. By the time I started maternity leave I was very sick of dragging my large belly down the stairs.

I'm not so good with Imperial units, but here they say it'll start freezing soon here (below 0 C). We've had nice (for this time of year) weather the past two weeks, I'm not really looking forward to it getting colder again. Before these two weeks, there was lots of snow and it was quite cold. I don't mind snow when I can stay inside, but I have to go outside to get to university etc.

kylie - are you getting any of the smoke in Sydney from all the fires.

Hi Muggles. We haven't had any smoke that I've noticed (I've been hiding inside, away from the heat). There have been a couple of fires near my area, but I don't think the wind has blown the smoke this way. We're in the middle of a heatwave - I can't recall having so many days of 40+ temperatures in one summer before. :( It will be 41 degrees today and 42 tomorrow.