Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scratch that, my health took a turn for the worst at midday. I saw my gp as it happened, so he got to see what happens when I get the electrical pulses (my left arm twitches now when I have them). On a new epileptic drug that i hope wont make me feel worse off like lyrica did.

Yay at Prince of Thorns! The first book in the best trilogy I've read this year. :D And Simon Pegg is awesome - I look forward to hearing your thoughts on both of these!

I got the Prince of Thorns book for under $5 in the last BD book sale. :)

Scratch that, my health took a turn for the worst at midday. I saw my gp as it happened, so he got to see what happens when I get the electrical pulses (my left arm twitches now when I have them). On a new epileptic drug that i hope wont make me feel worse off like lyrica did.

x

Awww :(. I'm glad your GP got to witness it though, at least he saw what it's like. I hope your new medicine helps you :hug:. Poor Devi :(.

Haven't been reading much, been too sick, and when I have felt like doing something I have been playing my new ps4. Especially a game called Flower. Here is a video, please check it out! No violence or anything, just you, nature and relaxing music. The game does have a hidden message. I had this on ps3 and was so excited to play it all over again.

I play all games but sport ones by the way. So action isn't out of my pile of games.

http://youtube/NAftDQN4SNg

(I don't know how to embed videos on ipad, can't see extra features).

I've been good so far, no new books bought. I was going to go to a one off sale this weekend (tomorrow in fact), but decided against it.

Edited by Devi

Devi

Been wondering how you were doing . Glad your doc got to witness first hand what is happening . Sure hope they can find some meds that will help a bit without causing the awful side effects . Some of those are really nasty .

Thinking of you ~~

Devi

Been wondering how you were doing . Glad your doc got to witness first hand what is happening . Sure hope they can find some meds that will help a bit without causing the awful side effects . Some of those are really nasty .

Thinking of you ~~

No good, had to stop the med, started to make me almost as sick as the lyrica did. I rather have a strong pain killer for when it gets too much to cope with than another anti-epileptic.

I had a bad day today, can't seem to win at the moment :cry:. I know I go on about my health a lot and I am sorry to everyone.

Devi

No apologies needed . When you feel so bad, it really seems to take over your life, doesn't it ?  You have to struggle to find something else to take your mind off it ,which somedays are easier than others.

don't be too hard on yourself. You have an illness that causes different symptoms at different times ,and such things as being overly tired, upset, etc make them worse .

Are there any support groups that your doc could connect you with ? If you could meet some others going through the same thing, and be able to listen to them and talk about your concerns ,also, it might help .

Please don't feel bad if you need to come in here and vent. We all understand what a challenge you have . I admire your courage .

:friends0: Aw, Devi, you should never apologise for this. :(:friends0:  Everyone here reads what's going on with you out of choice, and because they care. You can spill your guts out - that's what we're here for.

I'm sorry you have such a hard time. I hope they find something very soon that will help you. Love and hugs! :friends0:

Edited by Signor Finzione

Haven't been reading much, been too sick, and when I have felt like doing something I have been playing my new ps4. Especially a game called Flower. Here is a video, please check it out! No violence or anything, just you, nature and relaxing music. The game does have a hidden message. I had this on ps3 and was so excited to play it all over again.

I play all games but sport ones by the way. So action isn't out of my pile of games.

http://youtube/NAftDQN4SNg

(I don't know how to embed videos on ipad, can't see extra features).

I've been good so far, no new books bought. I was going to go to a one off sale this weekend (tomorrow in fact), but decided against it.

x

My boyfriend has played Flower too and really liked it. I've watched him play some of it, thought it looked quite interesting.

x  

I had a bad day today, can't seem to win at the moment :cry:. I know I go on about my health a lot and I am sorry to everyone.

x

Awwww :( no need to apologise, you can talk about whatever you like, we're happy to support you :hug:.

Thank you all, just finding it tough at the moment, my head shock feeling is everyday now and its getting rather overwhelming. Seeing my doctor again this week for a review of my anti-epileptic.

In other news, no reading done because of head pain, so i have taken up another hobby. Veggie garden! I was successful with carrrots and snow peas the past few weeks so I have gone and added some new veggies. Hopefully all this rain helps them and not drowns the poor things.

Gardening can be quite nice imo, and relaxing. I hope you'll grow some nice tasty vegetables :)! I personally find that vegetables from your own garden often taste better than what you can buy in the supermarket (ie. we had a tomato plant, the tomatos were a lot sweeter).

:flowers2: Sorry to hear you feel rough at the moment.

I`m impressed at your gardening skills ; I have catmint for the cat, but that`s about it. The rest are plants which have survived various floods in the back garden. :giggle2:

Edited by Little Pixie

Devi, very sorry about your feeling so badly.  Mucking about in the garden should, hopefully, be therapeutic.  At our old house, I enjoyed it.

I used to keep quite a few hanging plants and potted plants around the house.  That is, till the Twinkletoes the Kitty came along, and wanted to eat them.  So.  No indoor plants in any room she can get to.  As far as outdoors gardening, the dirt around here is so poor, only pine trees, azaleas, and grass fit for horses grows. 

I do have huge philodendrons in both bathrooms.......does that count?  :giggle:

Devi

So what months of the year are good for gardening over there ?  Can you plant things all year long ? Sorry, I don't know much at all about your weather, plants, growing seasons . It'd probably be nice to be out a bit in sunny weather .

I used to love making  a garden, but haven't done so for many years . The food does taste much better from them, I think .

Gardening can be quite nice imo, and relaxing. I hope you'll grow some nice tasty vegetables :)! I personally find that vegetables from your own garden often taste better than what you can buy in the supermarket (ie. we had a tomato plant, the tomatos were a lot sweeter).

Thanks, and I agree with the taste too, we grow organic - no sprays unless natural stuff.

:flowers2: Sorry to hear you feel rough at the moment.

I`m impressed at your gardening skills ; I have catmint for the cat, but that`s about it. The rest are plants which have survived various floods in the back garden. :giggle2:

Well i tend to try and grow easy and hardy things, so if one day i cant go out to water them they wont suffer. :giggle2:

Devi, very sorry about your feeling so badly.  Mucking about in the garden should, hopefully, be therapeutic.  At our old house, I enjoyed it.

I used to keep quite a few hanging plants and potted plants around the house.  That is, till the Twinkletoes the Kitty came along, and wanted to eat them.  So.  No indoor plants in any room she can get to.  As far as outdoors gardening, the dirt around here is so poor, only pine trees, azaleas, and grass fit for horses grows. 

I do have huge philodendrons in both bathrooms.......does that count?  :giggle:

We used to have a great back garden but ever since my friend moved in with his dog, the dog has made a mess of it. We were helping him out when he needed a hand, once he moves on in march we will fix it up again. :)

Devi

So what months of the year are good for gardening over there ?  Can you plant things all year long ? Sorry, I don't know much at all about your weather, plants, growing seasons . It'd probably be nice to be out a bit in sunny weather .

I used to love making  a garden, but haven't done so for many years . The food does taste much better from them, I think .

You can always have something growing :). We have brocolli, carrots, tomatoes, zuchinni, snow peas, sweet corn, cos lettuce, capsicum and coriander growing.

I almost bought strawberries and water melon seedlings today :giggle2:.

Wow,Devi

That'd be neat to live in a place that had weather good enough to grow any time of year. Our gardeners here plant , usually around the ginning of May ,and the last items ( pumpkins) are done by Sept/Oct .  So we really don't have a long growing season here . Strawberries and watermelon sound REALLY good  .We can get them here easily in the summer months, but in the winter if we get them, they ship them in from someplace ? I think California is where the berries come from ...anyhow, they aren't nearly as good then, because they pick them early so they can get to the stores when they are starting to get ripe, so they aren't very good this time of year .

Here are the carrots I pulled out today, the first one on the left is the fattest one yet! I also forgot to mention we planted a lemon tree a couple of years back and its started to produce lemons in the last year. We also have a huge fig tree, they were my dads favourite fruit. I am not a huge fan personally.

0c41b5d2140d356645fe0714e01cf0eb_zpsdbfb

601218f05c55a7035978a4106ef5e53b_zpsf8cd

Wow, those are great Devi! Well done. :D

I tried growing my own veg once - I bought one of those little greenhouses you can put together yourself. Within a month one of the shelves had fallen down and destroyed all the things on it. The second month there was a storm that blew the greenhouse over. The third month, the covering ripped and the cold got in and everything died. Now I just limit myself to a pair of potted lavender trees and a tiny pot of coriander on the windowsill.

There's a reason you don't see many lemon trees in the north of England, I guess. :giggle2:

Those carrots are very well behaved :D. Mine always are puny, and never grow in one direction, 

even when I try to sieve the soil/compost, to get rid of the stones. Lemons look really good too. :smile: