Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

I've read and enjoyed all three. Have to say the first two were my favorites though.

I had my eye on them for awhile, but it was your reviews that made me want to buy them. :)

Edited by Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard about this one. I quite liked Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and have other books by Philip K. Dick on my wishlist. I hope you enjoy the book :)!

EDIT: Whoops just read the review in Shelley's thread :giggle:.

Edited by Athena

I haven't heard about this one. I quite liked Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and have other books by Philip K. Dick on my wishlist. I hope you enjoy the book :)!EDIT: Whoops just read the review in Shelley's thread :giggle:.

I too did enjoy Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

I bought two kindle books.

Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself and Never Have Your Dog Stuffed, both by Alan Alda.

I'm currently working my way through the M*A*S*H series on dvd. Up to season 5.

Edited by Devi

Pretty annoyed at myself lately, my reading is zilch at the moment and I feel awful about it.

Nah, sometimes your brain just needs a bit of a break. Taking a book holiday is better than forcing yourself to read - absence makes the heart grow fonder. :smile:

Hoping so! I want to read, i even get as far as picking up a book/kindle, but then i put it straight back down.

Devi

Thanks for the links . I always like reading about these unsolved crimes. Gives you something to think about . I don't know if you've ever visited this site or not, but it's a whole message board about crimes from all over the world ,some solved ,some never solved .

Here's a link to the case you mentioned, and if you are interested, there are hundreds of other true crimes cases on there to read about . Interesting stuff for True Crime Buffs .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47278

Hoping so! I want to read, i even get as far as picking up a book/kindle, but then i put it straight back down.

It's maddening when that happens. It's happened to me recently but I think I'm okay now (I don't like saying I am incase it wanders off again :giggle:)

Hope you're able to get into your reading soon Deborah :friends0: 

:D Never Have Your Dog Stuffed!! .. what a great title :D 

Partner bought me some books as a cheer me up thing, I've only got around to posting them now.

3fb630d4fb3779d5b5dbc12b5a9aa311_zps8c70

I bought two kindle books.

Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself and Never Have Your Dog Stuffed, both by Alan Alda.

I'm currently working my way through the M*A*S*H series on dvd. Up to season 5.

I am a HUGE Alan Alda fan and those 2 books were so so funny, the dog stuffing was funny even to me, I can't normally bear to even think of these things. He is a wonderful family man yet extremely intelligent and articulate, he has been involved with science for a long while too.

I am a HUGE Alan Alda fan and those 2 books were so so funny, the dog stuffing was funny even to me, I can't normally bear to even think of these things. He is a wonderful family man yet extremely intelligent and articulate, he has been involved with science for a long while too.

Are there any others he has written? I love him too, he is so dreamy in M*A*S*H. Edited by Devi

Devi

Nice stack of new books to choose from ! I of course noticed the true crime one first . I can even tell who each of the killers are on the front cover, since I've read about them all. Should be some interesting reading in there .

Hope you enjoy your new books and are doing well . I think of you often !

Devi

Nice stack of new books to choose from ! I of course noticed the true crime one first . I can even tell who each of the killers are on the front cover, since I've read about them all. Should be some interesting reading in there .

Hope you enjoy your new books and are doing well . I think of you often !

Who are they? I think one is charles manson but I am unsure who the others are.

Thank you friend :) i am doing ok, one hour at a time.

Partner bought me some books as a cheer me up thing, I've only got around to posting them now.

3fb630d4fb3779d5b5dbc12b5a9aa311_zps8c70

Hey Devi

Looks like Ted Bundy ( right over the letters IA ( in serial)

The guy in the right hand corner with the real skinny face, I think was named Richard Ramirez -- SPOOKY DUDE)

The one in the center with the pinkish face - Aileen Wuornos(sp) ?  -- I know that's spelled wrong ...

The wee little one on the right in the brownish picture, I can't tell since I can't see the face well enough ..

The lady on the left in the big picture I think her name was MYRA something ,and I think she was a sidekick of another serial killer ( like a Tag-Team Couple) ... I'm thinking they were from the UK ??? That's one I haven't read about ,so I might be totally off on that one .

The one in the center with the pinkish face - Aileen Wuornos(sp) ?  -- I know that's spelled wrong ...

Nope, you got the spelling right! :D

The lady on the left in the big picture I think her name was MYRA something ,and I think she was a sidekick of another serial killer ( like a Tag-Team Couple) ... I'm thinking they were from the UK ??? That's one I haven't read about ,so I might be totally off on that one .

I know that face, it's so harrowing, but I wouldn't have remembered the name if you hadn't said Myra. It's Hindley. She gives me the creeps!