Something I've Learned Today

ned

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned that too. The only thing i miss are cartoons, where i could have a whole cartoon marathon and be quite content! I'm a cartoon junkie but everything else, whenever i walk in the living room and see what absolute mindless garbage fills the tv, i know i haven't missed anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow! Guess a lot of words we take for granted are that way CaliLily.

I learnt that some parents don't know the importance of appreciation of the little things a child does for them.

Case in point: My mom helps some mothers in the apartments tutor their children (1st to 5th grade) in homework, studies etc. I sometimes take her place when she asks me to. A kid was making his dad a birthday card today and I was watching him do it. He then began talking and said that his mom doesn't appreciate it. He's a third grader, mind you. His mom always just says "nice" and doesn't even hug him or anything.

I guess I'm really lucky. My dad still talks about the letters I wrote to him when I was 7. I sent it overseas without postage stamps on it >;).