Five facts...

Michelle

Oh I do much worse than that... I get all inspired by a new little notebook, draw up a whole plan of what I'll do with it, ruin it by covering the first few pages in my bad handwriting... and then leave it to a lonely abandoned life in some drawer or desk corner :giggle:

I'm exactly the same :)

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got about 4 threads going totally off-topic, all at once :giggle:

Ok, five facts about me:

1- I do much worse than that (leave new notebooks untouched)...

2 - I get all inspired by a new little notebook,

3 - I draw up a whole plan of what I'll do with it,

4 - I ruin it by covering the first few pages in my bad handwriting...

5 - And then I leave it to a lonely abandoned life in some drawer or desk corner

Better now? *laughs*

1)

3) I once dated a guy who was full-blood Native Canadian Indian & had no idea that he was until after we'd been together for over a year. (Thought he was 1/2 Mexican!)

Did he have loooooong silky back hair and eyes like coal? :giggle:

Did he have loooooong silky back hair and eyes like coal? :giggle:

He did & he was bloody gorgeous! Never did figure out why his brother was telling everyone that their Mother was Mexican, though!

Sarapepparkaka - yes, you can come work for me, but I'd prefer a partner!

He did & he was bloody gorgeous! Never did figure out why his brother was telling everyone that their Mother was Mexican, though!

Oh you lucky sod. I *adore* natives, be they American or Canadian. They are just *gorgeous* Although, HOW could you mistake full-blood Indian for Mexican?? I don't like how Mexicans look - as I generally don't find dark skin attractive - but Indians look totally different and they're gorgeous - their skin is a much more copper colour usually, as opposed to brown. They're red-skins. :giggle: Absolutely beautiful people, they are.

Actually, Native Americans are related to people in Mexico. They descend from the native inhabitants that were here in North America hundreds of years ago, and some of them look quite similar. It just depends what part of the country they are from. Skin tones vary from very light to very dark, so it would be really easy to mistake one for the other.

Okay, based on some of the more recent posts in here...

1. I hate feather pillows - they're too hard! It's like sleeping on a bag of cement! :giggle:

2. I had a long-distance (not as far as some, but abut 180 miles) relationship for two years.

3. My long-term relationship and I have been married for nearly 21 years.

4. I *adore* stationery shops too - could, and sometimes do, spend hours in them. I have lots of untouched notebooks and some, like Chimera, that I've abandoned once I've written in them (even though I don't mind my handwriting).

5. I love the smell of Waterstone's! Mmmm!

1) Prefer all my relationships to be up close!

2) Love snowdrops, a real sign that winter is shifting.

3) Need new trainers, my much beloved and worn ones are trying to leave me.

4) If I don't get alone time I find sleeping at night impossible.

5) I love my hair!

1. I prefer night to day, winter to summer, cold to to hot.

2. My first 'job' was working in my cousin's sweet shop after school when I was 12, payment in sweets.

3. The most shocking experience I've had with death was never when a relative died, I always accepted those easily. It was when a woman I worked on checkouts with, a 50 something year old healthy-other-than-smoking child-like bubbly one-o-the-girls character, died suddenly of a heart attack. I still haven't accepted she's gone.

4. I have ideas for books I've wanted to write for years, but after my laptop's Great Death Of '07, I decided it was not meant to be, and have not creatively written once since.

5. One of the most amazing people I've ever met is a 33 year old rich eccentric guy living alone in California, who wrote one of the most beautiful short stories I have ever read. I can't show you because it WILL be published, and it wouldn't be fair. Soon as it's published I'm telling everyone about it.

5. One of the most amazing people I've ever met is a 33 year old rich eccentric guy living alone in California, who wrote one of the most beautiful short stories I have ever read. I can't show you because it WILL be published, and it wouldn't be fair. Soon as it's published I'm telling everyone about it.

Looking forward to that. :giggle:

1) If anyone opens a tea / coffee shop of any kind, I would like to open the gorgeous bookstore that would live above it. :giggle:

2) I used to love having thick pillows, but now they give me a headache.. I have to stick to one.

3) We've noticed before that a love of books and a love of stationary seems to go hand in hand.

4) I love notebooks, but never know what to do with them.

5) I also feel I've messed up the first few pages once I start writing in them, then discard them in a drawer!

Keeping up with the themes...

1) My boyfriend and I went through a long-distance period, which ended in us breaking up. We didn't get back together until I moved back home a few months later.

2) I love notebooks and stationery shops, but like everyone else, I never know what to do with all my notebooks.

3) When I was 14, I wrote the beginning of a horror novel and got up to 45 pages...and then my parents' computer died and I lost all of it. I've never really written seriously since then,

4) I love animals and have mourned the loss of pets more than the loss of relatives.

5) I'm on reverse sleep right now. I woke up at 4:00 this afternoon and probably won't go to bed until about 8:00 am.

• 8 months later...

I am not a new member :D but I have loads of facts :D ~

1. I have been married for 12 years.

2. At the start of our marriage, my husband and I lived in different countries, and only saw each other once a month.

3. I am the same age as Pink Floyd ~ 'Dark side of the moon' album.

4. I am dyscalculic (difficulty in learning or comprehending mathematics), I did not find out until I was 19, as you can imagine I hated maths at school.

5. My hair is getting long and looks fantastic!

:D

Oooh, are we doing these again! OK, 5 facts about moi:

1. I'm addicted to Bleach (the anime, not Clorox) and have seen every episode and every movie.

2. I love, love, LOVE animals, but don't have any pets beyond a betta fish that my boyfriend and I spoil silly.

3. I think marriage is outdated and have no plans to marry my boyfriend of 11 years.

4. I'm a grammar Nazi and am at this moment helping my boyfriend peer-review a classmate's paper and it's making me crazy. Learn how to write, people!!

5. I suffer from frequent back pain due to scoliosis. My lower back pain is easily treated with Tylenol, but my upper back pain is very treatment resistant...I recently had 4 cortizone shots in my upper back, which did nothing. :D

Oh you lucky sod. I *adore* natives, be they American or Canadian. They are just *gorgeous* Although, HOW could you mistake full-blood Indian for Mexican?? I don't like how Mexicans look - as I generally don't find dark skin attractive - but Indians look totally different and they're gorgeous - their skin is a much more copper colour usually, as opposed to brown. They're red-skins. :D Absolutely beautiful people, they are.

Wow, interesting. Good thing I LOVE my skin tone:blush: being a Black American with Native ancestry. I find them both equally gorgeous.

Five Facts:

1. I was a police officer but have spent the last 10 years as a homemaker

2. I am the mother of 4 and grandmama to a 17 month and one on the way.

3. I'm a southerner

4. I homeschool

5. I'm a Black American with Native ancestry

Edited by Katrina1968

Wow, interesting. Good thing I LOVE my skin tone:blush: being a Black American with Native ancestry. I find them both equally gorgeous.

Must be nice. I hate my skin tone. It's pale and freckled, blushes, bruises and burns very easily. Extremely unattractive.

Also, in case there was any sarcasm in that statement (it's hard to tell in text) - no I'm not racist but we all have our likes and dislikes. Blue eyes, brown eyes, blonde hair, black hair, white skin, dark skin. I like snow white skin, jet black hair and bright blue eyes.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no to Will Smith, LeVar Burton (when he was younger) or Kel Mitchell either, so it's a generalization with exceptions.

Five new facts:

1. I love hats, but they don't suit me. The only hats I don't look stupid in and subsequently wear regularly are berets. Fortunately, they're also my favourite. Non-stretchy, knitted wool, tight fitting ones. I have about five in different colours.

2. I can't stand croissants. When I went to Paris on an art trip, that's all we got for breakfast and I ended up going out everyday on an empty stomach. I also hate crepes, so I didn't get to snack when the others did either. Clearly, I would not survive in Paris. The only thing I did eat and enjoy, were snails.

3. I adore Christmas and there's an inverse relationship between the temperature outside and my mood (one goes up, the other has or will go down), and a converse one between my mood and the presence of sparkly lights. Therefore, at Christmas, I am at my happiest, most bubbly, sociable etc. but my favourite Christmas songs are actually the political ones like War Is Over, Do They Know It's Christmas? and cynical songs like I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake.

4. I love Japanese songs. Not the crazy pop stuff, the slower, mellow stuff sung by girls with pretty voices, mostly commonly found in video games and at the end of animes. Probably my favourite is Getsurenka by Mio Isayama in the game Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I also love Suteki Da Ne by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy X.

5. I laugh like Mutley due to issues with my breathing which my doctor swears is not asthma. Either way, once I've laughed normally and start to run out of air (something has to be pretty damn funny for this to happen) I actually sound exactly like Mutley; or like I've been smoking since I was about 4. It's a tad hilarious.

Edited by Nollaig

4. I love Japanese songs. Not the crazy pop stuff, the slower, mellow stuff sung by girls with pretty voices, mostly commonly found in video games and at the end of animes. Probably my favourite is Getsurenka by Mio Isayama in the game Shadow Hearts: Covenant. I also love Suteki Da Ne by Nobuo Uematsu from Final Fantasy X.

You'd like the music from Bleach then. The best opening theme (they change regularly) is Velonica by the Japanese band Aqua Timez. The same band did another great opening for Bleach called Alones. You should check them out!

/end shameless Bleach plug. :D

5. I laugh like Mutley due to issues with my breathing which my doctor swears is not asthma. Either way, once I've laughed normally and start to run out of air (something has to be pretty damn funny for this to happen) I actually sound exactly like Mutley; or like I've been smoking since I was about 4. It's a tad hilarious.

It sounds a tad hilarious. :D (Understand that I don't think it's funny that you have problems with your breathing, but when you say you sound like Mutley...I can hear his laugh very clearly in my head right now :D).

I can't remember which facts I've written about myself, but here are some more:

1. I'm in the State Emergency Service, which is a volunteer organisation that helps the community in times of natural disasters. We respond to calls for assistance during storms (cutting down trees, patching holes in roofs etc - this makes up the bulk of our work), floods and locating missing people. There are many other roles the SES does but my particular unit are most active in the above. We also do community events, which has just reminded me that I'm supposed to be putting my name down to do a Santa fun run some time soon (hundreds of people will dress as Santa and run through town, as far as I can gather). It's a rewarding experience and it's also where I met my partner. :D

2. Despite the fact that I tend to agree with Echo on the subject of marriage, I still have my dream wedding planned out in my head (one of those nice, quiet country weddings with immediate family only).

3. I've never had a pet, but once got to look after a huge bunny we found in our front yard for about a week. My parents eventually got rid of it and told me they gave it to a pet shop. A year or two ago I found out they really just released it back into the wild. Very recently I found out the reason they got rid of it was because Mum was freaked out by how big the rabbit was.

Meh, that'll do. I've prattled on too long and I have work to do...

Noll likes sparkly things :D.

Hmmm, an update on me...

1. I'll be celebrating my 10 year anniversary at my job next month (I know, very exciting :D).

2. I grew up and lived above my parent's music store, which I also worked in, until I was 20.

3. I have received 2 speeding tickets, both in the last year :D.

4. Sometimes I have problems acting my age :D.

5. I am still a coffee fiend.

For some odd reason I really like this thread. It's fun. So here we go...

1) My dad's new girlfriend is seven years older than I am.

2) I don't like most of current fashion.

3) I did love the Spring 2010 RTW line from Herm