What really bugs you?

Chimera

Chav's who play loud music on their mobiles when using public transport. I'm sure they love that bang-bang music but it's pretty rude to assume that everyone else wants to hear it too. Plus I'm usually trying to read and it's distracting! :)

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who talk to the person pushing the wheelchair (me) instead of the person in the wheelchair (my friend):

"And how's he doing?" *pulls sympathetic face*

"Why don't you ask him, you :):censored::lol:?"

:006:

Edited by Mac
Missed a quote mark. Sorry.

Oh ye, by the way, something that bugs me: old ladies who, when offered a hugging attempt at spreading the Christmas spirit, turn up their noses and say "I am not a lesbian"... :006::roll::roll: how more cynical can you be? I was just trying to make her smile.

Depressing, isn't it?

Oh, BookJumper, I just thought that was so funny :D

Can just picture you going to give big friendly hugs and loves and little old ladies jumping back in horror :)

Don't give up, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would appreciate a good hug. Perhaps next time you could carry a sign "Free Hugs Today" :lol:

Car drivers at junctions who have no concept of the Highway Code, who stop to let you walk across the road when they have a line of traffic behind them that they have no business holding up.

Who are only beaten by:

Car drivers at junctions who stop to let you walk across the road, despite the fact that there is nothing behind them and that through the act of slowing and stopping they have wasted more time than they would have done if they had kept on driving, hence wasting both your time.

Who in turn are only beaten by:

Car drivers at junctions who look at you in a funny way when you don't step off the pavement into the path of their two-ton block of metal.

So in summary:

Car drivers at junctions, they shouldn't be allowed.

I have a few things that really irritate me that probably have already been mentioned so here goes..

- People who stop suddenly at the end of an escalator.

- When ordering food, people who wait until they get to the counter then 'umm' and 'ahh' instead of making their decision whilst they were still in the line. Instead they prefer to hold everyone else up. Same goes with people not having their money ready to pay.

Why???

I've always found emos/goths/rockers - whatever you want to call their style far nicer than a lot of people I have met. :)

They just.. freak me out with all their hatred and anger. It's like, I'm scared that if I say something wrong in front of them, they'll come at me with scissors or something, I dunno.

Plus, sometimes I think they can be quite selfish. They say that their life sucks because of this and that, even though other people are going through worse stuff than that. I mean, I understand if your life sucks because I dunno, your dad beats you up or something, but if it's something small like.. having a bad day or whatever then it's just...

:lol:

Oh, BookJumper, I just thought that was so funny :006:

Can just picture you going to give big friendly hugs and loves and little old ladies jumping back in horror :)

Don't give up, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would appreciate a good hug. Perhaps next time you could carry a sign "Free Hugs Today" :lol:

I did have a sign! To be honest, there was about 150 of us with signs (I belong to a nice collective called Join Me!, which is all about trying to brighten people's day just because - possibly on Fridays) parading down Oxford Street...

As well as my sign, I was equipped with my t-shirt that reads: "jaffa cake joinee hug-a-goth: proudly hugging goths since 1985". Maybe if the evil old lady had been a goth, she would have wanted my hug too? Luckily though, for every cynical person who doesn't believe in free hugs, there are three who do - especially in London. I don't think Londoners get hugged very often; that must be why they're (as a whole) so grumpy.

I have friends who are emos, goths, rockers - all sorts and I hug them all! :lol:

EDIT:

P.S. I know the difference between the three - been there, done it. :)

Good for you Nici - me too. One of my best friends at school was a punk - she looked very fiercesome with the hair and the black make up, but was the sweetest person I have ever known. She worked in an old people's home, and the old folks all loved her.

Edited by Talisman

Ok, this has been annoying me for quite some time:

My boss ringing me on my blackberry first thing in the morning, so I ignore it and then he rings my telephone on the desk and he goes through to voicemail, but doesn't leave a message, then he rings my personal mobile, I don't answer it and he doesn't leave a message. When I ring back (after I've taken my coat off, got a coffee and sat down) I find out that it wasn't urgent he just wanted a chat.

I have a few things that really irritate me that probably have already been mentioned so here goes..

- People who stop suddenly at the end of an escalator.

Oh my goodness.....this is so annoying isn't it!! You can't get past them and you have a whole line of people backing up behind you......it's a nightmare! And it's usually some little old dear checking her purse or rummaging through her handbag! :)

(I belong to a nice collective called Join Me!, which is all about trying to brighten people's day just because - possibly on Fridays) parading down Oxford Street...

Oh I read that book......it was hilarious! I always wondered if people still carried on with the collective after the book was published. :)

A helicopter is on it's way. You'll know it's the right one as he will be carrying Milk Tray as he leaps from the chopper! :)

:) Excellent...will he look like George Clooney :lol:

Naturally, and he will be carrying a bundle of books, a blanket and a torch so the two of you can nestle with a good read and some choccies!

Enjoy! :)

And an invisi-shield! So OH doesn't get put out by the nestling! :)

People who have those instant messaging programs on their cellphones and insist on having a conversation with both you and the person on the messenger at the same time - only, they end up ignoring you mostly, because their eyes are glued to that little screen. Now that bugs me. It's terribly rude, also. :)

Neck ache when you've slept in a stupid way so you end up walking around with your head at an angle like some weirdo. :D

Naturally, and he will be carrying a bundle of books, a blanket and a torch so the two of you can nestle with a good read and some choccies!

Enjoy! :)

Yeh I'm sure we would be reading :D :mrgreen::)