What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other is people who come to my checkout on the phone and when I ask questions such as "would you like a bag?" do hand motions to silence me. The same applies to people with mp3 players on.

Ooh yes, I remember those from my summer jobs in shops. So annoying! *laughs*

This is really silly, but it totally bugs me when people don't indicate properly at roundabouts.

Elderly drivers who don't have the confidence to drive, let alone go over 40 mph, even on the motorway! and insist on staying in the fast lane! I think they can be just as dangerous as boy racers :motz:

I must admit that many things bug me, but the majority of them fall in the general driving/parking category.

People not indicating. Not knowing how to drive round a roundabout. Taking my parking space.

Here here! I don't know what it is about traffic that makes me so upset sometimes, I haven't always been like this. I really really get annoyed when people driving cars don't signal when they're turning, making me stop or wait for them in vain.

Lol you all sound like me! I am a pretty laid back person until I get into the car. My personal peeve is people not indicating and days when I am sure that I am driving an invisible car as people just pull out in front of me. :)

Argh!! That sounds like a nightmare. Some people are so inconsiderate and landlords just not bothered as long as they get money.

:)

Like, when i first moved in, everything went wrong possible :lol: Shower didn't work, house was a total mess, two holes in the ceilings over the year with water pouring in spectacularly, fuses blown, cooker not working, walls falling apart, student living can be terrible, but i'd take a dodgy house over student uni accomodation anyday that's for sure. I hope it's not too bad until you get to leave!

Yours sounds like it startedout a nightmare too. I stayed in uni accomodation in the first year and it was fun at the time but wouldn't do it again, it wouldn't be the same.

I went round to my house before handing in my last ever assignment and emptied my cupboard for them to check the boiler but we came to the conclusion there wasn't one, my point exactly before I removed everything. ;)

When I got there a man was trying to fix the washing machine also and I have just recieved an email from my housemate saying the washing machine is broke and they may not replace it seeing as we are leaving in June, but what to do in the mean time....(I know laundrettes but its beside the point)

They also don't know where the boiler is.....:motz: wtf, how can a home owner not know where the boiler is......:motz: So house has no hot water or washing machine lol

Edited by chrysalis_stage

What??? No washing machine or a working boiler, that's ridiculous. My landlord fixes things no problem if asked so he's cool like that. Your house sounds an awfully stressful place grr!

Also what annoys me is those guys who drive the really loud engine cars and speed up the street to ahem 'show off' - what's so amazing about revving a crappy little car??

All those things said so far about drivers and oh don't forget those that pull out of a side road at the speed of knots to force you into severe braking to avoid an accident and then creep along in 2nd gear :)

People with no manners - especially older people who have the nerve to complain about the younger generation

Patients and relatives who bark their orders, who come in on a mission to pick on staff

Managers who know that you are struggling with the workload come onto the ward and say "oh haven't you done it yet?" - errrr things like patients keep interrupting me....

Cyclists riding 2 abreast (illegal!) and stop the traffic from safely overtaking

All them French fisherman who keep going on strike blockading the ferry ports, resulting in Operation Stack. Dover and all surrounding areas including the major roads and motorways being used as a giant lorry park until they feel fit to go back - causes untold misery around here!!! Not to mention the loss of business. Don't even get me going on that one :motz::motz:

Cyclists riding 2 abreast (illegal!) and stop the traffic from safely overtaking

:)

I can really relate to that one - we get loads of them up here - I looked it up in the Highway Code and it is actually not illegal - they can do this, but cannot ride more than 2 abreast.

On another note I work in a shop and so I have several "general public" annoyances. The first is when three people come through my check out with one lot of stuff and I ask "would you like a bag?" and they say yes and then watch and tut and mutter whilst I scan everything and then bag everything, when one of them was capable of giving me a hand.

The other is people who come to my checkout on the phone and when I ask questions such as "would you like a bag?" do hand motions to silence me. The same applies to people with mp3 players on.

I used to work for a certain supermarket and can really relate to these as well. Most of them are just rude inconsiderate lazy good for nothings.

The thing I used to really hate in my last job was when you were showing customers say televisions and were about to clinch the sale when their bloody phone went off. They then spent ages nattering, by which time you had gone to help another customer and then your colleague ended up with the sale !

Edited by Talisman

Crikey! This turned into a popular thread very quickly.

Something else that bugs me is when I go to the pub and sit down with my pint and I'm very, very visibly reading my book and someone comes and talks to me. I don't even know these people!

I was in my local one evening, reading my book at the bar (where the light is better) when a chap came up and said:

"Are you a Doctor, then?"

I said in reply, "No. Why do you ask? Does someone need help?"

"No, mate," said my new acquaintance. "But you're reading a book, innit? And you've got, like, glasses on."

Marvellous. :)

"No, mate," said my new acquaintance. "But you're reading a book, innit? And you've got, like, glasses on."

*dies laughing*

Ohhh myyyy gooodddddd *gasps*

Are people really that mentally inept??? My god!!!

Crikey! This turned into a popular thread very quickly.

Yup, and here I was thinking everyone would label me as a grouch for starting it *laughs* Seems like people love to rant...

Something else that bugs me is when I go to the pub and sit down with my pint and I'm very, very visibly reading my book and someone comes and talks to me. I don't even know these people!

I was in my local one evening, reading my book at the bar (where the light is better) when a chap came up and said:

"Are you a Doctor, then?"

I said in reply, "No. Why do you ask? Does someone need help?"

*cracks up* The depth of stereotypes about readers really is quite something.

2-faced people; people who you do everything for them and then they don't like it when you're the one who's down in the dumps (I know a couple of those alright!); people who have no manners when you're out and about; and a load of other things.

Too many to list.

I shall list what has bugged me today

- My husband waking me at 5am when he came in off nights

- My husband falling asleep immediately after having woken me

- My husband snoring like a foghorn so I can't get back to sleep

- Driven from my bed at 5:05am

- Rain

- wet dog refusing to shake excess rain off coat until in the living room

- son forgetting where the dishwasher is.... again

- son forgetting where the towel rail is..... again

- son's friend leaving car across driveway blocking in husband's car so that we have to drive across lawn to escape .... AGAIN!!

- toast crumbs in the butter

- butter in the marmite

- cars speeding to work down the road outside my house HELLO!!! 30mph!!!!

bearing in mind this is all before 9am .... shall I go on?

I am such a moody ol' cow:smile2:

Oooh,my boyfriend when he's going to wash the dishes,puts them into the basin,fills with hot water,washing up-liquid..leaves to "soak" and they are still there 3 hours later in cold water!! Really,really bugs me,I hate it!! What bugs me aswell is how he insistes on keeping newspapers for about 4 days after he's bought them,I mean why? Surely It doesn' take that long to read them.

Oooh,my boyfriend when he's going to wash the dishes,puts them into the basin,fills with hot water,washing up-liquid..leaves to "soak" and they are still there 3 hours later in cold water!!

My BF does the same, he knows if he leaves it his dad will do them :)

Hmmmm...well in general, these things bug me:

1. Slow drivers, especially those who drive too slowly on the freeway, which is usually what causes traffic jams

2. People who are shallow and superficial.

3. People who are narrow-minded and judgmental. Also, people who are self-righteous.

4. People who are selfish and don't have consideration for others.

I've always found emos/goths/rockers - whatever you want to call their style far nicer than a lot of people I have met. :)

Three very different things:

Emo: person who thinks the world doesn't deserve him/her, curses his/her sheltered life and will not smile upon pain of not being an emo anymore. Doesn't like free hugs (I've tried, with a sign and everything), as random huggers destabilise his/her idea of the world being an 100% cruel place.

Goth: person whose interest in lace/velvet/corsets/Nine Inch Nails does not have an impact on their attitude to life. Known to smile quite freely, and queue for seconds when hugs are on offer, probably because no one hugs them much thinking they're emos.

Rocker: person with big hair, band t-shirt, and a headbanging adoration for Guns n' Roses, Iron Maiden etc. Haven't tried hugging those yet.

hm I believe I could go on and on about this topic, but I'll keep my list short:

1. Living at home, being as independent as I am

2. People who shout when they talk even when you are standing right there! hurts my ears :) (haha this face is so funny)

3. Unsympathetic, inconsiderate, ignorant people

P.S. I know the difference between the three - been there, done it. :lol:

My bad, I must have misunderstood your post :D sowwy. I guess it's just the the emos of my experience that didn't want hugs - which is puzzling; I give good hugs I do :)!

Oh ye, by the way, something that bugs me: old ladies who, when offered a hugging attempt at spreading the Christmas spirit, turn up their noses and say "I am not a lesbian"... :006::roll::roll: how more cynical can you be? I was just trying to make her smile.

Depressing, isn't it?