Finish the thought, game (join in)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

drowning me in what can only be described as effluent!'

'Uppity Boulevard, you say? Good Lord!! Not that Hortense Higglebottom again is it??' The constable sighed, 'You better come and lay a formal complaint and I'll send a bobby round to have a word with her. Last time we sent the armed defenders squad, but that turned into a major public scandal. All the do-gooders claiming police brutality against little old defenceless ladies. Never met a more pugnacious old harridan in all my days. I'd love to ......

'Of course, we can't do that, can we Sergeant Bygones!! We have butter her up, get the shotgun out of her trigger-happy little hands,  bring her in for questioning, give her a nice cup of tea and a biccie and then ....LOCK THE OLD B**** UP!!'

Sergeant Bygones grinned, 'Good luck with that!'

out Hawkeye Henry, a bird of dubious parentage, but up with all the goss. Hawkeye was in his usual haunt, the top of Florrie Featherstone's Frolicking Floosies speakeasy. From his vantage point perched on the flashing neon sign, which had the advantage of keeping his bum warm, although it did have the tendency of emitting rather disturbing sparks from time to time, he could peruse the world going by. Just then, his beady eye spied ....

Archibald flying serenely down through the greyish English sky.

"I need to get a news update, good bird", declared Archibald, keenly.

"I wish to know the latest nest prices for middle ranking, middle aged, bird couples..like me and Gertie."

Edited by itsmeagain

'Weeeelllll .....I could do you a good deal on a nice little roost going in the square. Plenty of visitors dropping bacon butty crumbs and crisps. Nice view of the park and cathedral.'

'I've heard they're trying to evict us from there, something about not liking our guano or something? Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous?'

'You don't want to listen to those silly old rumours, Archie, been our haunt for generations, not likely to change now. No, trust me, it's a very sound investment! I wouldn't put you crook, now, would I?'

'How much are you asking then, H?'

'Well worms 'ave been pretty scarce on the ground of late H, how about some nice slugs from Vinnie's Vegetable Emporium, 'eard tell his lettuces are fair crawlin'!'

'Sounds fair enough, it's a deal!'

'I'll just go and find the goods and the missus and kids and we'll be moving in.'

Archie , having rounded up his seventeen offspring, was briefing them on the logistics of the forthcoming operation.

"For me n your mam, let's go raid Vinnie's vegetable emporium.We do not, remember,

want carrots , cabbage, or cauliflower, but you can get apples from local trees to pay Hawkeye Harry for our new gaff."

His eldest daughter, known locally as Pouting Petunia, offered to smoch up to Hawkeye in order to smooth the way to their new home.

Edited by itsmeagain

'You just keep your smooching to yourself young lady. We'll be having none of that carry on. 'e's old enough to be your father and twice as ugly!'

Petunia pouted, her default facial expression, 'e's kinda rugged and suave, all at the same time.'

'Well, you can just put all thoughts of that sort of thing right out of your mind by going and chatting up young Bob at the pet shop. We need four bags of suet for 'awkeye and you better get a few more to help feed all your bloomin' brother and sisters. Use your charms and get a few of the other boys to help carry it home.'

Petunia perked up and ...

put on her best pigeon make up. She always had liked young Bob at the pet shop. She flew about the shop, flirting with budgies, African greys, and French cockatiels too.

Bob said "oh we have an interloper", at which Petunia went to sit on his head, cooing appreciatively. Then...

Big Bert, the shop owner, came ambling in. ''ello, what 'ave we 'ere? A particularly fine specimen of Pouter Pigeon! Stick 'er in a cage will ya Bob. She'll fetch a pretty penny, she will!'

'But ....but ... but...' stuttered Bob.

'Just do as I say boy, and be quick about it. An' if ya see any more of 'er ilk, stick 'em in wiv 'er!'

All pouting quite left Petunia, she was now positively ....

bereft. So much so that she dropped a blob of poop on Bert's head, and

flew, disgusted, out of the shop. Another pigeon, known as Rancid Pete, went to ask Bob for four large blocks of suet. Bob actually fainted when it became apparent RancidPete could talk..so Pete flew off carrying a block of raisins and suet, hoping....

he'd stay our for the count long enough for him to return for another beak-load. Petunia's three younger brothers now entered the shop. They'd been dawdling along, stopping for a game of 'bowl the partridge pea' on the way, and hadn't observed Petunia's lucky escape. Seeing Big Bert prone on the floor, they grabbed a suet bag each and ....

zig-zagged their way back to their father, dropping suet bombs on unsuspecting pedestrians who looked up at the sky in bewilderment.

'Is that all you've got??' demanded Archie, looking into their depleted suet bags, 'Ol' Bert's getting right stingy in 'is old age! Now where's ya bloomin' mother got to?'

have a little chat about discharging firearms in public places with the intent to cause bodily harm. He hoped to coerce the old biddy down to the police station where he had every intent of locking her up and throwing away the key. If only clapping people in irons and stocks was still legal he thought wistfully. Preferable to gag them first, of course.

''e up, 'ere's a do!' chortled Rodders, 'ol 'ortense's in for a right bollocking!'

'Ooooooo eeeeee ....' cooed Gertie, snuggling up to Rodney.

potted geraniums and cautiously approached. Just then, Archie and his brood of unruly children flew over, spotting mother and wife canoodling with Rodney. Archie dive bombed Rodney, and the kids set up a terrific rump as. Hortense let go a blast from her shotgun, causing a flurry of feathers but no .....

heart raced, his feathers quivered, his eyes rolled and he fell into a dead faint, feet skyward. Hortense picked him up by a clawed foot and dropped him unceremoniously into her wheelie bin, muttering, 'Dirty little beast!' This gave PC Plod a chance to sneak up behind, grab her arms, swiftly cuff her and then frog-march her to the police car.

Back at the police station, he shoved her into a cell, accompanied by Hortense's loud cries of 'police brutality' and....