John Grisham

Kell

The first book I read of Grisham's was The Firm, and I know it sounds horrid, but was so engrossed in finishing the book that I was reading it at the same time as listening to my sister tell Mum about someone who had laid into her. She was at a party and had been beaten by some girl. We had to pick her up, and I was reading in the car and at home:blush::lol:

LOL sounds like you enjoyed the book :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I am only a few pages from finishing Grisham's book.....Playing For Pizza. It was a very enjoyable read for me.

I got this for my birthday and I am really looking forward to the read. I'll be looking forward to hearing your final thoughts.

• 1 month later...
Why was that, March? Was it because it was non-fiction?

That's true. I enjoy fiction more than non-fiction.

Whilst reading the book, I can only imagine the frustrations and helplessness that Ron felt. And the violence done to Debbie prior to her murder is too much for me to handle. I can be overly sensitive, at times.

• 4 weeks later...
I have read all of his books prior to "A Painted House", which other people told me is not so good. But as I said before, in my opinion, his best book by far was "A time to kill." If I am not mistaken that was made into a film as well. I have more of his books - need to do a for sale or swap list!

I actually really enjoyed A Painted House. Very different to his other stories, just a long slow ramble really, but it was great for winding down in the evening and relaxing. Not one to read if you want seat of the pants entertainment!!

I actually really enjoyed A Painted House. Very different to his other stories, just a long slow ramble really, but it was great for winding down in the evening and relaxing. Not one to read if you want seat of the pants entertainment!!

I also enjoyed "A painted House". I related though to the baseball theme in the book. On second thought i enjoyed it even without the baseball.

As Maureen noted though, A Time To Kill was one of my favorites too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I've read all of his books and I must say my favourite is The Firm. The Client a close second. I didn't enjoy The Innocent Man though.

I've read A time to kill and The Firm...

The Firm was just an amazing ebook..I've read it from the computer and wow..i jsut didnt want to let it go...It was just amazing :)

• 2 weeks later...

John Grisham is noted mainly for his legal thrillers, but he has written several books that don't fall into that genre. A Painted House, for one, as well as Bleachers, Skipping Christmas, Playing for Pizza, and a non fiction book titled The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town. Think that's all!

Grammyva

John Grisham is noted mainly for his legal thrillers, but he has written several books that don't fall into that genre. A Painted House, for one, as well as Bleachers, Skipping Christmas, Playing for Pizza, and a non fiction book titled The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town. Think that's all!

Grammyva

What about The Painted House? I think I have mentioned this one before. Its completely away from his usual genre and a rivetting read.

I must admit taht I thought that too but The innocent man is a great book! The injustice of it makes you furious (its a non fiction book about a wrongful conviction) though

I had read a few of his jury books but found them much too the same but the Innocent Man I loved and may look at some of his other work.