What's the weather like?

Virginia

Horrendous here, storms all nights and some areas have been flooded, so there were no overground trains this morning, underground was rammed, buses were packed but not really going anywhere as the roads were all gridlocked, and there were so many people outside my station and the surrounding roads I thought it was getting quite dangerous as the station was closed and the bus queues were jamming the pavement.  Got to work around 11.30.

Been really muggy and rainy all day, with more threatened.  So much for summer :badmood:  :7_mad:

After the storms of last night we have had rain, sunshine, rain, rain, rain, and now another huge chuck downage of rain again!  :intherain:

ETA It has gone from being heavy rain to a full on thunderstorm. 

Edited by Chrissy

Yesterday it was really hot, 32 °C. Then in the evening we had a massive thunderstorm that lasted several hours, in combination with lots of rain. I had trouble sleeping as the thunder woke me up. It's cooled down a lot now. It's currently dry but it's predicted it would rain a lot today.

Much quieter here although I think there may have been another storm in the early hours, as there was some flooding again this morning which caused more train disruption :o .  Rained a bit but quite sunny and dry at the moment.

Yesterday it was really hot, 32 °C. Then in the evening we had a massive thunderstorm that lasted several hours, in combination with lots of rain. I had trouble sleeping as the thunder woke me up. It's cooled down a lot now. It's currently dry but it's predicted it would rain a lot today.

We had that Wednesday afternoon and evening, though not as hot. Robbie's school flooded quite badly with the rain pouring through the roof so he got a day off yesterday!

Lovely day today though, so changeable at the moment!

We had that Wednesday afternoon and evening, though not as hot. Robbie's school flooded quite badly with the rain pouring through the roof so he got a day off yesterday!

It must have been pretty bad :(. I guess he didn't mind though :P.

We were pretty lucky, lots of people in the area do have damage to their houses or there are flooded areas.

We've still got temps around 19-21, with serious humidity. Its gross, but it's also overcast so people say it's 'not summery'. It's dry, it feels like it's 25 degrees, my face feels like it's on fire if I sit outside when the sun comes out. Not sure how much more summer they want. We're also not getting any thunderstorms. I really hate the weather here.

Lol Noll, your idea of nice weather is definitely different from my idea of nice weather. I really don't like thunderstorms, they scare me ever since one hit very close by. The recent one was called a supercell, apparently it's a type of very heavy thunderstorm. In this region, 100 million euros worth of damages (and the region isn't that big). I feel so lucky we have no damage on this property, but today we saw several cars in town with big dents in them, caused by the hailstones the size of an apple.

Here the temperature is pleasant, over 20 °C, cloudy with some rain. It does feel a bit humid at times.

Lol Noll, your idea of nice weather is definitely different from my idea of nice weather. I really don't like thunderstorms, they scare me ever since one hit very close by. The recent one was called a supercell, apparently it's a type of very heavy thunderstorm. In this region, 100 million euros worth of damages (and the region isn't that big). I feel so lucky we have no damage on this property, but today we saw several cars in town with big dents in them, caused by the hailstones the size of an apple.

Here the temperature is pleasant, over 20 °C, cloudy with some rain. It does feel a bit humid at times.

I just want thunder and lightning, I don't want damage! I also don't want to feel like my face is cooking if I sit in direct sunlight :P

It started as a gorgeous morning with blue skies and fluffy clouds, but since then we have enjoyed slate grey clouds, thunder storms and torrential rain.

All the seasons in one day.  :D

Same here on Saturday, had to dodge the showers, bit better yesterday but rained most of the night.  Ground is still soggy, and various events ie fundraising Open Days for local charities, have had to be cancelled due to waterlogged ground.

Noll, you wouldn't want the thunder and lightning we had - took me nearly 3 hours to get to and from work on Thursday, and others had horrendous journeys as well.  Think we've had more storms this June than we've had all year so far....

What a weekend with all that rain, thunder and lightening. 

at 6 am this morning started off with beautiful sunshine, then it went dull and drizzly when it was time to go to work.  Now it is fairly nice out again.  There is no wonder we never know what to wear.

Quite nice this morning but meant to rain later, as Shirley says, you have to be prepared for anything (but I'd say rain is the safest bet!). 

Glad you're a bit cooler, Nollaig.  I hate the heat too, especially if you have to go to work in it, and it has been very humid here too but not as bad as where you are, yuk.

Noll, you wouldn't want the thunder and lightning we had - took me nearly 3 hours to get to and from work on Thursday, and others had horrendous journeys as well.  Think we've had more storms this June than we've had all year so far....

This may be a stupid question but, how does thunder and lightning make travel difficult (other than for planes)? 

Here is very dark, dull, grey, and drizzly, but not as rainy as yesterday thankfully.

It was the rain mainly - lots of heavy rain in a few hours = floods, blocked roads etc, and lightning strikes caused quite a few signal failures on the trains (although that 's not much different to a normal day).