Virginia

What's the weather like?

I don't want to jinx it but... it's actually quite cool and raining here today! 

thankfully I was in Devon last week where after a few unsettled days (and rain nearly the whole way down and when we got there) it was really nice, mid 20s with a breeze so very pleasant, apart from getting woken up by thunder early on Thursday morning, and Thursday night which was very hot,  then home on Friday to rain most of the night and nearly all of Saturday.  Much more manageable today but some underground train lines have never heard of air conditioning and are always hot, even on a cold wintry day:angry:  So glad I missed the mini heatwave, last year was unbearable!

It's absolutely chucking it down now, typically just as it's home time....:hide:

Funny ol' day today. There are dark clouds out there, but the sun is currently shining bright.  The atmosphere feels heavy though, a little airless too. 

Today we've had some sunshine and some clouds. No rain. The temperature is nice :).

3 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Funny ol' day today. There are dark clouds out there, but the sun is currently shining bright.  The atmosphere feels heavy though, a little airless too. 

Been like that here for days, very windy too and feels like it should storm, but nothing happens, although it did drizzle quite heavily for a while yesterday morning.

I can't remember where you live :blush:. 23 °C sounds like a lovely temperature.

It's currently cloudy and rainy here, 21 °C (70 °F) the maximum (16 °C / 60 °F atm).

I moved this summer.  I'm living in the United States in Southern California. 

I think I moved several times since being here.  I used to be in New Orleans, Louisiana. 

It poured this morning, now sunny and/or cloudy, quite warm in the sun.  Still windy as well.

It poured yesterday morning, then was windy and sunny for most of the afternoon, then we had another downpour around 8.00.  Meant to get a bit warmer but there was a definite chill when I left this morning.

It's a Bank Holiday weekend, and meant to be hot, which is lovely after a generally rubbish summer - a few hot days does not  a summer make!  Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend if you have one.:yahoo:

On 8/19/2019 at 1:54 AM, Madeleine said:

It poured yesterday morning, then was windy and sunny for most of the afternoon, then we had another downpour around 8.00.  Meant to get a bit warmer but there was a definite chill when I left this morning.

I miss rain so much! I love the perennially perfect weather here, but every once in a while, I want a good, drenching downpour.