Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol you should see my copy of GoF, the spine fell off so I stuck it back on with sellotape. All the plasticy covering has come off my copy of PS, and I spilt clear nailvarnish on my copy of DH (I still haven't decided whether to try and get it off with nailvarnish remover or if that will damage the cover)

lol you should see my copy of GoF, the spine fell off so I stuck it back on with sellotape. All the plasticy covering has come off my copy of PS, and I spilt clear nailvarnish on my copy of DH (I still haven't decided whether to try and get it off with nailvarnish remover or if that will damage the cover)

Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! :lol:

well, yeah i guess. id be abit annoyed about the nailvarnish. when my girlfriend puts it on it sickens me because of the smell. also, the spine falling off isnt brilliant. but when i read one of my really old books, seeing that its well used reminds me of the first time i read it and how much i enjoyed it.

Have you thought of doing a re covering? I have a couple of old favorite books that have pretty much fallenapart, and I have used wrapping paper (on presents I got from close friends) to re cover them. It has the double thing of keeping the book safe, and remiondeing me of the friend when I read the book!

Have you thought of doing a re covering? I have a couple of old favorite books that have pretty much fallenapart, and I have used wrapping paper (on presents I got from close friends) to re cover them. It has the double thing of keeping the book safe, and remiondeing me of the friend when I read the book!

Thats such a good idea! :lol:

Dis anyone else used to have to cover their school exercise books in wallpaper or was that just a newcastle thing?

My PS and GoF books are horrible... Goblet isn't so bad, just the bottom right corner folds up (I HATE THAT WITH PAPERBACKS!). But oh Lord. Philosopher's Stone is very... crinkly & wrinkly. It got absolutely drenched in water. I spent about an hour desperately trying to dry the pages one by one with a hair dryer. I almost cried. :lol:

I spent about an hour desperately trying to dry the pages one by one with a hair dryer. I almost cried. :lol:

That's dedication!

I take absolutely good care of my books. I get obsessive. :D I like, cover them and they never leave the house.

Me too! I only lend them to people I absolutely know will look after them! :lol: I'm trying to build up a small library in my living room too :lol:

Ahh, someone on the same page as me! I only have a few books cause I only buy the ones I already know are good, and all of them just stay in my room somewhere. And yeah, I only lend them to people I know are trustworthy. :lol: I thought I was alone in being obsessive and paranoid about books!

Dis anyone else used to have to cover their school exercise books in wallpaper or was that just a newcastle thing?

we had to do this in art at school and i live in portsmouth. thought it was pretty pointless to be honest because we werent allowed to cover it in stickers or anything to do with hobbies, it had to be wrapping paper haha

I spent about an hour desperately trying to dry the pages one by one with a hair dryer. I almost cried. :lol:

i didnt go that far but me and my girlfriend were walking into town in the rain and on a wall there was a copy of The Boy In The Stripped Pyjamas which was in perfect condition except for the fact it was soaking wet. a night on the radiator sorted it out but now its twice as fat as a normal book. wierd thing about the whole story is that a few days before that i had been saying i wanted to read that book. but yeah :D